wii sports stopped working. Ideas?

ryz0n

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
Well, my wii sports disc doesn't work anymore. It does look kinda scratched, but is it salvageable? It loads in the channel screen, you start it, instead of showing the main menu, it says disc cannot be read, consult wii operations manual. Anyone have any ideas and if not, is there any way to buy wii sports separately?

to help get the scratches out you can try and boil the disc for about 30 seconds. what that does is it gets rid of the top few layers of the disc (i.e. the scratched layers) and usualy helps with scratched discs that dont work

Help Mii I Burning

Mitch2025 said:
to help get the scratches out you can try and boil the disc for about 30 seconds. what that does is it gets rid of the top few layers of the disc (i.e. the scratched layers) and usualy helps with scratched discs that dont work

Oh my god well this is a good ideer but this only work's with CD not
DVD-Game becuss dvd's much more dens than CD so you cud end
up killing your disc

boil the disc?? well there's one i've never heard before... and I thought I'd heard em all.
Not saying it doesn't work but from everything I know about the makeup of dvd's it doesn't sound like it's based in reality.
A bit of car wax can sometimes work to fill in scratches, and toothpaste tends to be a not bad polishing cleaner.
Other than that sometimes video stores will do a proper repair for you if you give em a couple of bucks.
Can't recommend the proper repair kits more though, they actually do work.

Back