Wii Sports Tennis Question... help!

r2r2r2

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2008
Ok, so I've been playing tennis for a while. I have a question I hope someone can help.

My friends and I have pretty much mastered the super-serves (or rocket serves or whatever you want to call them), and can get them most of the time. The thing is that if we miss the super-serve, there is this "reply" to the normal serve that is impossible to hit! I don't know how to explain it...

Try this: have a friend serve a normal speed ball. When you hit it, just flick your wrist with your remote pointing up, don't even do a swing motion, just a quick twist of your wrist. If you do it correctly, the ball will bounce close to the net and barely inside the white line on the opposing side. It is impossible to hit because both of the opposing Mii's will be out of position.

So when we play it has come to a point that if the one serving doesn't get the super-serve, it means that he just lost the point. The question is, does anyone know a way of hitting these balls? Is there a way of making your Mii dive for the ball? Because even though we know where the ball will land, we can't seem to get the Mii to run to that position.

I don't know if this has been discussed previously on other threads but I couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

r2r2r2 said:
does anyone know a way of hitting these balls? Is there a way of making your Mii dive for the ball?

i think it comes from short swings... i see these returns when my arm is tired.

i've never been able to hit one... no dive feature for the mii

haha i know what ur talking about

u see wii tennis is much more complicated than it seems to be

now to counter that, u can let the ball drop to its lowest point and hit it (i think u guys are always hitting the serve ball as high as possible to do ur rocket serves; this causes it to go fast and high... very vulnerable to those impossible-to-hit returns.).

However, if you serve the ball low, it would bounce slowly and just right above the net and ur challenger cannot do that impossible-to-hit serve return or else he would net it.

I've been in ur place before and I found this out myself lol

+ rep if i Helped pls :D

idjut said:
i think it comes from short swings... i see these returns when my arm is tired.

i've never been able to hit one... no dive feature for the mii

no offence but if wii tenis makes ur arm tired you must really beat out of shape evin for a gamer :shocked:

i hit the power serve sometimes but is there a method to this, it seems to be random for me most of the time.

I have mastered Wii Tennis..you cannot beat me, no one ever has and no one ever will

its all about the rapid movement of the Wii-mote

as we all know the wii-mote uses accelerometers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerometer

therefore the faster you move your wrist, the far more powerful a shot you will get

I've gotten so good at wii tennis that even when i WIN a match vs. computer, it lowers my score if i dont win by enough (aka...not letting computer even win one point in the entire match)

phillepino said:
haha i know what ur talking about

u see wii tennis is much more complicated than it seems to be

now to counter that, u can let the ball drop to its lowest point and hit it (i think u guys are always hitting the serve ball as high as possible to do ur rocket serves; this causes it to go fast and high... very vulnerable to those impossible-to-hit returns.).

However, if you serve the ball low, it would bounce slowly and just right above the net and ur challenger cannot do that impossible-to-hit serve return or else he would net it.

I've been in ur place before and I found this out myself lol

+ rep if i Helped pls :D

Thank you, it does help (although we did know about this but this is one of the most helpful comments since I forgot to mention that alternative). We sometimes do that serve just for fun and yeah, if you try to do the impossible-to-hit return, it hits the net. Still we were wondering if there is a way to dive, so that it doesn't come to the point where a regular serve will cause you to lose the point.

Eddienoteddy said:
I have mastered Wii Tennis..you cannot beat me, no one ever has and no one ever will

therefore the faster you move your wrist, the far more powerful a shot you will get

I've gotten so good at wii tennis that even when i WIN a match vs. computer, it lowers my score if i dont win by enough (aka...not letting computer even win one point in the entire match)

I'm sure someone can beat you, LOL.:mad5:

Me too! What's your total PRO points?

When they show my line graph after a flawless victory my line is off the chart...literally. How high is yours?

Is there a way of making your Mii dive for the ball?

I've gotten to the point that the computer can't beat me. I hate playing against Sarah and Elisa.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, only the computer dudes can dive at the ball. I've tried a million different shakes and flicks o' the wrist and button combos and blah blah...I don't think you can dive.

Someone prove me wrong and I will love you forever.:)

I have 2300 at the moment. I have been as high as 2347, but nothing compares to playing people in real life. We have a ladder at our work and I am currently at the top. The computer cannot prepare you for multiplayer.

We have played 4 players and that really adds a new dimension to the whole game and I love it. Wii table tennis is going to be some fun when I get my hands on it. Can't wait to my wallet starts to grow

Me too! What's your total PRO points?

When they show my line graph after a flawless victory my line is off the chart...literally. How high is yours?

I have 2300 at the moment. I have been as high as 2347, but nothing compares to playing people in real life. We have a ladder at our work and I am currently at the top. The computer cannot prepare you for multiplayer.

We have played 4 players and that really adds a new dimension to the whole game and I love it. Wii table tennis is going to be some fun when I get my hands on it. Can't wait for when my wallet starts to grow

MUAHAHAHA I would own you.

Back