Wii Sports Training

Cartman58

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
I had a question or two about the training medals that you get from doing training in Wii Sports.

1. Do the medals you get do anything or are they purely merit based markers?

2. If they do do something if you get say all silver or gold, what do they do/unlock?

I've gotten gold in the tennis ones but haven't really tried much with the others. Thanks.

In what way does it enhance single player mode? Are you just referring to it's basic premise of making you a better performer?

don't stop at gold! there is one more level!

Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum!

i've only managed to get platinum medals in some of the bowling training games though.

there's platinum? wow, that's very interesting. If they would have medals, why would they have platinum?

3rd=Bronze
2nd=Silver
1st=Gold
?=Platinum

What does Platinum represent? Absolutely perfect in every way?

Cartman58 said:
In what way does it enhance single player mode? Are you just referring to it's basic premise of making you a better performer?

it enhances single player mode because the training games are completely different then the actual games!

Mario Bro said:
there's platinum? wow, that's very interesting. If they would have medals, why would they have platinum?

3rd=Bronze
2nd=Silver
1st=Gold
?=Platinum

What does Platinum represent? Absolutely perfect in every way?

who knows, its fun trying to get platinum though

maybe:
3rd=Bronze
2nd=Silver
1st=Gold
you've been playing the game too much=Platinum

Nic Car Bel said:
i only just got my first platinum. in the boxing bags, i got 44.
I'm useless at boxing! I can manage 4 if I'm lucky. :lol:

By the way, someone should start a thread on Wii Sports training scores. Similar to this: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/14711-wii-play-high-scores.html

At least I'd be interested to know what the thresholds are for the medals. Also, it'll be useful to know how bad I am compared to everyone else. :D

I love training.
It's probably the best part of the game... as single starts to get dry after a while.

Back