Wii Sports Update with Super Mario Galaxy?

Giuseppe

Who wants to get snuffed?
Jun 21, 2007
Lawrence, MA
Wii Online Code
7371-8119-8658-3078
So I bought Mario Galaxy and I popped it in to play, after I go to the game screen and it says "SUPER MARIO GAAAAALLAAAXXYYYYYY" It asked me if I wanted to update my Wii. I thought "sure why not" so once it was done I notice that the Wiimote Warning screen has been changed. Now it shows the Wiimote with the nintendo rubber protector and new animations on what NOT to do. I said, "I wonder if it's like that with all my games now?" I pop in PBR and nothing changed, BUT when I popped in Wii Sports, everything had been updated. Now at every Menuscreen the Rubber Sleave had been put on every menu screen. And if you go in Boxing, they greatly improved the camera AND added new animations AND they added a knock out replay feature. If you winn by Knock out it replays the finaly blow ala Rocky Balboa. It was awesome.

I told my frineds about it and they though I was full of it. So I bring my Mario Galaxy to thier house and guess what. NOTHING HAPPEND. No update nothing. They thought I was going crazy because I just kept restarting and putting in SMG, but still no update. It wasn't untill I brought them over to my house and they SAW the updated Wii Sports themselves that they were like WTF?

So my Question is this. Since I know for a FACT thier is an update for Wii Spoerts now that improves the animations and adds a few extras to the game, howdo I updated my friends Wii so they can have the same updated Wii Sports as me.

Does it only update ONE Wii with a fresh new copy of SMG?

Was it a Fluke?

WTF is the deal? :confused:

That does sound a bit suspicious... when was the last time you turned it on? Maybe you missed the most recent system update? But that wouldn't explain the new features to Wii Sports... and we need to explain 'em cause I want them!

Is it possible to post a screenshot of a new wii sports animation? I'm curious...

Putting in SMG dosen't mean it will always pop up an update. If you update once, then you have the latest soft/firmware. A game will not keep poping up updates

I have the similiar update and my friend who bought his wii after SMG had been released had the animations etc.
do ur friends wiis have wiiupdate24?

my wii is online so i get the updates when they come out if your wii is not online you will download updates from new games

Giuseppe said:
So I bought Mario Galaxy and I popped it in to play, after I go to the game screen and it says "SUPER MARIO GAAAAALLAAAXXYYYYYY" It asked me if I wanted to update my Wii. I thought "sure why not" so once it was done I notice that the Wiimote Warning screen has been changed. Now it shows the Wiimote with the nintendo rubber protector and new animations on what NOT to do. I said, "I wonder if it's like that with all my games now?" I pop in PBR and nothing changed, BUT when I popped in Wii Sports, everything had been updated. Now at every Menuscreen the Rubber Sleave had been put on every menu screen. And if you go in Boxing, they greatly improved the camera AND added new animations AND they added a knock out replay feature. If you winn by Knock out it replays the finaly blow ala Rocky Balboa. It was awesome.

I told my frineds about it and they though I was full of it. So I bring my Mario Galaxy to thier house and guess what. NOTHING HAPPEND. No update nothing. They thought I was going crazy because I just kept restarting and putting in SMG, but still no update. It wasn't untill I brought them over to my house and they SAW the updated Wii Sports themselves that they were like WTF?

So my Question is this. Since I know for a FACT thier is an update for Wii Spoerts now that improves the animations and adds a few extras to the game, howdo I updated my friends Wii so they can have the same updated Wii Sports as me.

Does it only update ONE Wii with a fresh new copy of SMG?

Was it a Fluke?

WTF is the deal? :confused:
Did your friend have a wifi connection?
That is what gives them updates.

i think it has to do with the wii sports disc itself. depending on when you purchased your wii, you might have received a more recent edition of wii sports with an added update.

Back