Wii Sports Update with Super Mario Galaxy???

Giuseppe

Who wants to get snuffed?
Jun 21, 2007
Lawrence, MA
Wii Online Code
7371-8119-8658-3078
So I bought Mario Galaxy and I popped it in to play, after I go to the game screen and it says "SUPER MARIO GAAAAALLAAAXXYYYYYY" It asked me if I wanted to update my Wii. I thought "sure why not" so once it was done I notice that the Wiimote Warning screen has been changed. Now it shows the Wiimote with the Nintendo rubber protector and new animations on what NOT to do. I said, "I wonder if it's like that with all my games now?" I pop in PBR and nothing changed, BUT when I popped in Wii Sports, everything had been updated. Now at every Menu screen the Rubber Sleeve had been put on every menu screen. And if you go in Boxing, they greatly improved the camera AND added new animations AND they added a knock out replay feature. If you Win by Knock out it replays the final blow ala Rocky Balboa. It was awesome.

I told my Friends about it and they though I was full of it. So I bring my Mario Galaxy to their house and guess what. NOTHING HAPPENED. No update nothing. They thought I was going crazy because I just kept restarting and putting in SMG, but still no update. It wasn't until I brought them over to my house and they SAW the updated Wii Sports themselves that they were like WTF?

So my Question is this. Since I know for a FACT their is an update for Wii Sports now that improves the animations and adds a few extras to the game, howdy I updated my friends Wii so they can have the same updated Wii Sports as me.

Does it only update ONE Wii with a fresh new copy of SMG?

Was it a Fluke?

WTF is the deal?

Last edited:
have u done the update over the internet before u updated it with the game?
I ask this because i know that if ur system is not on the internet some games come with the updates for the system, so maybe thats what happen, ur system was not up to date but ur friends systems where.

I also have SMG and didn't get asked to update, but i do know that my system is up to date.

I'll have to check my Wii Sports and see if I can see the changes that u r talking about.

~X

My Wii updated yet I having played Wii sports in like 5 months yet I do remember the knock out replay. My Wii was updated when I got mario yet other updates have rolled out so the mario galaxy updates may have been included. Just play the game on their system and see. There are lots of things in Wii sports you won't see your first or even after weeks or months of playing.

The Sleeve thing should be for the whole system and the other system may simple not have updates turned on or either his wireless connection is shot. I may try this game just to see if any thing changed.

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can post pics of before (My friends Wii) and After (My Wii)

I wan't to know how to update my friends wii since I left mine at my Brothers and We're using my friends at my new apartment!

hmmm i just checked my wii sports and it seems the same as before...

like backwards man said, when did you get your wii? it might have come with an updated version of wii sports.

all the new Wii's come with a new updated wii sports. Me and my girl bought our 2nd wii and we noticed that wii sports it came with was different..for instance, baseball now shows a quick line up shot like the camera zooms though the miis and it actually shows them throwing the ball when it is caught, but doesnt show the ball after it is thrown. Cuz my older wii i have my wii sports doesnt have any of that, i have checked.

ah, that would make sense.

just wondering, why do need two wii's anyway?

well we got the 2nd wii just after christmas cuz my girl like MANY other girls out there is hooked on My Sims and she was takin up my Wii time :lol: so we got another and now i am in peace.

SO there is an update! Now since I got it to work once before, how do I get it to do it again. Once I've played the updated one, I just don't like playing the older one at all. =/

Back