Wii Sports

chessaholic

WiiChat Member
Aug 27, 2006
Wales, UK
I am really hoping wii sports is packaged with the wii or at least sold at a cheap price. £10-15 maybe. I mean, im sure it took a lot of time to work out the right movements for playing tennis, baseball, golf and 'aeroplane' but to me, it doesnt seem to be a real game. I havnt seen any one-player tournaments like mario sports games may have. Just basic hits and shots, and it may be fun at first but it would get a bit repetitive.

Perhaps there is a huge single player behind it, but from what ive seen it appears to be a large demo of how you could use the wiimote rather than a game to be sold at the same price as Zelda, Metroid or Red Steel....

It simply doesnt have the same depth as a real nintendo game...

Has anyone seen any info on a single player mode?

yah well thats what im thinking exactly too, you get it with the Wii to show off all the things it can do

It will be sold separately. Most game stores in the US are already taking pre-orders for Wii games, including Wii Sports. Why would they allow people to pay for a game in a pre-order, only to give it to them free later?

Then perhaps they should just sell it on the cheap then. I for one am certainly not paying full price for hitting a few balls around instead of mp3,zelda, red steel, mario galaxy, or smash bros.

the game needs a deep and difficult one player mode with tournaments, differant players with skills, arenas, and several modes, and of course several good multiplayers for it stand against nintendo's and of course 3rd party developers' games.

You guys are right, and sureley Nintendo is aware that this game won't be very popular if it's the same price as the big titles.

What frusturates me, is that this would have been a great chance to release a Mario Party game for the Wii.

i thinck it should include-baseball,tennis,golf,airplane,and the shooting game.
i also thinck it is going to sell for 30$ maybe 20$.

jiarachi_dancing_man said:
in aus, about $50
Im from aussie and i still woudnt pay $50 for wiisports. I dont think that game should be sold for more than $25, it may sound harsh but its the truth, thats why i think they should bundle it with the wii console but i dont think it will happen because the wii itself is already so cheap and by adding lots of things with it can make them lose a bit of money

But nintendo already lose money when they sell consoles, to make it back (and more) in software. A free wii sports would help convince the less casual gamers to buy more software. And they wouldn't make much money on it anyway, because either they will sell it so cheap, or nobody will buy it.

Yeah if Wii sports only includes Tennis, Golf and Baseball, I won't spend more than 25 bucks on it if it is sold seperately.

nah i think it shud be programed into the wii like picto chat for ds and it also shud hav ochistra shud be there as well it would cool if you cant get games because they have been sold out that means everyone can play wii

I bet that the game will have a bit more depth to it, they were just demoing the Wiimote at E3 through Wii Sports- The game itself should be alot of fun. And worth the money.

Here in the US, both WiiSports and WiiSports: airplane are pre-ordering for $60US apiece. I think just the presence of the two titles and having people pay money for them would indicate that not only will they be separate games, but that they will also not be included with the system. The same goes for WiiOrchestra.

Back