Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Sports

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by chessaholic, Sep 6, 2006.

1. chessaholic

chessaholic WiiChat Member

I am really hoping wii sports is packaged with the wii or at least sold at a cheap price. £10-15 maybe. I mean, im sure it took a lot of time to work out the right movements for playing tennis, baseball, golf and 'aeroplane' but to me, it doesnt seem to be a real game. I havnt seen any one-player tournaments like mario sports games may have. Just basic hits and shots, and it may be fun at first but it would get a bit repetitive.

Perhaps there is a huge single player behind it, but from what ive seen it appears to be a large demo of how you could use the wiimote rather than a game to be sold at the same price as Zelda, Metroid or Red Steel....

It simply doesnt have the same depth as a real nintendo game...

Has anyone seen any info on a single player mode?

2. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

yah well thats what im thinking exactly too, you get it with the Wii to show off all the things it can do

3. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

i agree with you 100% it doesnt seem like it has enough with it to be sold as a 50 dollar game

4. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

It will be sold separately. Most game stores in the US are already taking pre-orders for Wii games, including Wii Sports. Why would they allow people to pay for a game in a pre-order, only to give it to them free later?

5. chessaholic

Then perhaps they should just sell it on the cheap then. I for one am certainly not paying full price for hitting a few balls around instead of mp3,zelda, red steel, mario galaxy, or smash bros.

the game needs a deep and difficult one player mode with tournaments, differant players with skills, arenas, and several modes, and of course several good multiplayers for it stand against nintendo's and of course 3rd party developers' games.

6. zoomer

zoomer Banned

You guys are right, and sureley Nintendo is aware that this game won't be very popular if it's the same price as the big titles.

What frusturates me, is that this would have been a great chance to release a Mario Party game for the Wii.

7. JollyDaWalrus

JollyDaWalrus king of walruses

i thinck it should include-baseball,tennis,golf,airplane,and the shooting game.
    i also thinck it is going to sell for 30$ maybe 20$.

8. jiarachi_dancing_man

jiarachi_dancing_man WiiChat Member

in aus, about $50

9. m7ticalm

m7ticalm WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0287-9971-6660-4138
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Im from aussie and i still woudnt pay $50 for wiisports. I dont think that game should be sold for more than $25, it may sound harsh but its the truth, thats why i think they should bundle it with the wii console but i dont think it will happen because the wii itself is already so cheap and by adding lots of things with it can make them lose a bit of money

10. chessaholic

But nintendo already lose money when they sell consoles, to make it back (and more) in software. A free wii sports would help convince the less casual gamers to buy more software. And they wouldn't make much money on it anyway, because either they will sell it so cheap, or nobody will buy it.

11. Taxidous

Taxidous WiiChat Member

Yeah if Wii sports only includes Tennis, Golf and Baseball, I won't spend more than 25 bucks on it if it is sold seperately.

12. chessaholic

it also includes an 'aeroplane' mode. Well worth £40!:sick:

13. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    nah i think it shud be programed into the wii like picto chat for ds and it also shud hav ochistra shud be there as well it would cool if you cant get games because they have been sold out that means everyone can play wii

14. Kherrek508

Kherrek508 Sleeping. Do not disturb.

Wii Friend Code: 0215-4972-1267-8022
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    I bet that the game will have a bit more depth to it, they were just demoing the Wiimote at E3 through Wii Sports- The game itself should be alot of fun. And worth the money.

15. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

Here in the US, both WiiSports and WiiSports: airplane are pre-ordering for $60US apiece. I think just the presence of the two titles and having people pay money for them would indicate that not only will they be separate games, but that they will also not be included with the system. The same goes for WiiOrchestra.

16. Kherrek508

Kherrek508 Sleeping. Do not disturb.

Wii Friend Code: 0215-4972-1267-8022
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Now I'm sure that the games will be full games with alot more to them as opposed to whatever was shown at E3.

17. chessaholic

Im surprised to see wii:aeroplane being sold seperately. Thats why they called it wii:sports aeroplane. If it wasn't part of the wii sports game, why would they call it 'wii sports'.

If they have decided to sell aeroplane as a seperate game then they must have more depth to it.