Wii stands for "Wii aint gonna let you play online"

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackoutDOTcom

WiiChat Member
Apr 27, 2007
Nintendo chose the name Wii to represent "we" as in together, as in bringing people together to play right?

WRONG apparently!

It now seems Nintendo's meaning on naming it Wii means:

"Wii ain't gonna let you play eachother online!"

megaweapon said:
So i was reading in my new issue of EGM (may 07) and it says

"Both Microsoft and Sony are enjoying online play, but apparently this idea isn't connecting with Nintendo. This isn't helping either: SNK America President Ben Herman stated in an interview with Spong.com that Nintendo (still) isn't letting publishers include online capabilities in their games. Hmm, not very friendly."

what do you guys think? are we ever going to be able to play each other on the Wii?!?!?!?

i cant wait for SSB:B or Mario Party 8.......... but will they be Multiplayer Online?!

wtf?

Blackout's Wii Bashing Reply:

I for one am VERY upset about this. Out of the three systems, I chose the Wii not only because of it's great control system and revolutionary way of getting you fully immersed and physically involved with the game, but because of the automatic WiFi (or is it WiiFi) which I figured was in place to ENSURE easy online multiplayer gaming!

BOY WAS I WRONG!

Not only does there NOT appear to be any games out there that you can play with someone online, even trading simple messages or Miis (your avatars) is insane because of the Wii's RIDICULOUSlY complicated system of trading and confirming 16 digit credit card like numbers in order to mearly send a message or a Mii figure to another friends system. NINTENDO - THIS IS INSANE and STUPID.

You tout EASY CONNECTIVITY, and then one has to go through all this trouble to find people online only to be able to send a little message and an avatar over to run around in a dumb parade? WTF!?? No central server site to find friends or ANYONE to play the games that come with the system with, and then, NO MULTIPLAYER GAMES TO EVEN BUY?? WHAT!?!? WHAAAAT?? WTF IS NINTENDO THINKING?

I have to say I was/am truly astounded at this completely idiotic move by nintendo and it has lowered my love and rating of the Wii considerably. I raved and raved about it, and on getting a new one and playing the first few games with the incredibly fun control system it IS great...for a while, but then you are ready to use these great controls to play with or against other players and you find out.... NOPE!

Again.... WTF!??

What age do you think we are in NINTENDO? who likes single player games against the computer anymore when you can play with other real people and friends? Oh don't get me wrong, a good little solo adventure game is OK but there's nothing like a multiplayer game against other real players. We are in the age of ever increasing interactivity and you guys go BACKWARDS? I honestly can't beleieve it. I for SURE thought that Wii Sports (which comes with the system), and Wii Play, (which comes with an extra controller) were going to allow you to play not only with people in your own living room, but online as well. I thought I must be an idiot or just 'missing' how to properly do it, but after hours of searching through menus, configurations, and oh by god even READING MANUALS looking for how to go into ONLINE MULTIPLAYER mode, I couldn't find it. "Surely I must be doing something wrong," I thought. But nope, when I got online I found everyone else just as baffled as me, and that's when it really sunk in - NINTENDO has made a dreadfully bad decision and I only HOPE this can be fixed and updated when they realize they have sabotaged an otherwise great little system.

So Wii the Wii ownners should come together and tell NINTENDO how RETARDO a move they have made and to fix it.

- An unhappy and baffled Wii owner and multiplayer ONLINE interactivity fan -

Blackout

PS: The voting channel???? Is this the best multiuser activity Wii can get out of Wii??? With ABSURDLY dumb questions that take FOREVER to update?

They yap and yap about Wiis connectivity and then they DONT HAVE ONLINE PLAY???!!!! ARGH!!! oh gosh ok I am getting worked up I better stop before I chuck my Wii in the garbage and go buy an Xbox 360 which may not have those great controls but at least I can play my friends without them PHYSICALLY being at my house. Unless Nintendo wants to include a TELEPORTER with the system, they have FAILED MISERABLY, and that's sad because with online multiplayer and voice chat added, this would simply be the best system as far as fun goes ever created so far.

Idiot the Wii is already online in Japan, Online in Euro in May, and Online for the States and Canada in June ok do you understand? search first and DONT make stupid posts.

You know **** yes Wii is holding back on online but the first batch will be May - June

Yes I understand that but, this thread topic has been made WAY too many times. When I read these kinda things I get pissed at how less people know about the Wii .

i agree with all the above people, quit these stupid F**kin posts bashing the ability of Wiis online, its comming be bloody patient! also use the search buddy! thats what its there for! do your research and learn f**kn retard.

Wii will have online, b ut i just want third party games online too, like mortal kombat armageddon. How can it not be online? that question haunts me....its like its made for online play yet nintendo have kept quiet!!!:mad5:

blackoutDOTcom said:
Nintendo chose the name Wii to represent "we" as in together, as in bringing people together to play right?

WRONG apparently!

It now seems Nintendo's meaning on naming it Wii means:

"Wii ain't gonna let you play eachother online!"
That was months ago. Third party developers have got their kits and are using them.

Blackout's Wii Bashing Reply:

I for one am VERY upset about this. Out of the three systems, I chose the Wii not only because of it's great control system and revolutionary way of getting you fully immersed and physically involved with the game, but because of the automatic WiFi (or is it WiiFi) which I figured was in place to ENSURE easy online multiplayer gaming!
Erm, stop me if I'm wrong, but the Wii is not the only console to have Wifi...

BOY WAS I WRONG!

Not only does there NOT appear to be any games out there that you can play with someone online, even trading simple messages or Miis (your avatars) is insane because of the Wii's RIDICULOUSlY complicated system of trading and confirming 16 digit credit card like numbers in order to mearly send a message or a Mii figure to another friends system. NINTENDO - THIS IS INSANE and STUPID.
Shortened version: I don't like the friendcodes. My reply: So what. You can play others without them. This friendcodes malarky has been blown out of proportion tenfold. So you have to write down a 16 digit number. Ever heard of a pen and paper?

You tout EASY CONNECTIVITY, and then one has to go through all this trouble to find people online only to be able to send a little message and an avatar over to run around in a dumb parade? WTF!?? No central server site to find friends or ANYONE to play the games that come with the system with, and then, NO MULTIPLAYER GAMES TO EVEN BUY?? WHAT!?!? WHAAAAT?? WTF IS NINTENDO THINKING?
No central server site = no subscription fees. The online is free. And you're now bitching about having the Mii's system? Here's an idea, Just don't use it. Sure have one for Wiisports/Wiiplay/Warioware etc... but you don't have to bother with the Mii parade if you don't want to.

I have to say I was/am truly astounded at this completely idiotic move by nintendo and it has lowered my love and rating of the Wii considerably. I raved and raved about it, and on getting a new one and playing the first few games with the incredibly fun control system it IS great...for a while, but then you are ready to use these great controls to play with or against other players and you find out.... NOPE!
Idiotic? You do realise the profit Nintendo are making don't you? And, it's more to do with you sucking at the Wii than anything else. If you were fine in single player mode, but revile multiplayer, it's more likely that the other person is just better at it than you.

What age do you think we are in NINTENDO? who likes single player games against the computer anymore when you can play with other real people and friends? Oh don't get me wrong, a good little solo adventure game is OK but there's nothing like a multiplayer game against other real players.
Nintendo has always catered for the family. You can most certainly play with more than one player. Single player games CAN be fun too though. Heck, why is there soo much love about Zelda if people don't like single player games anymore?

We are in the age of ever increasing interactivity and you guys go BACKWARDS? I honestly can't beleieve it. I for SURE thought that Wii Sports (which comes with the system), and Wii Play, (which comes with an extra controller) were going to allow you to play not only with people in your own living room, but online as well.
Nintendo's online strategy wasn't ready. I think it was a wise move to not delay.

I thought I must be an idiot or just 'missing' how to properly do it, but after hours of searching through menus, configurations, and oh by god even READING MANUALS looking for how to go into ONLINE MULTIPLAYER mode, I couldn't find it.
Or you could just search online. That would have been the easier solution. Heck, I've been monitoring the Wii since before E3, and found nowhere, even the glimpse of Wiisports/play online.

"Surely I must be doing something wrong," I thought. But nope, when I got online I found everyone else just as baffled as me, and that's when it really sunk in - NINTENDO has made a dreadfully bad decision and I only HOPE this can be fixed and updated when they realize they have sabotaged an otherwise great little system.
It will be. Like I said, the online section wasn't ready. They're releasing a fair few games with online this year.

So Wii the Wii ownners should come together and tell NINTENDO how RETARDO a move they have made and to fix it.
Or, we could wait for online to come out...

Sounds like just another bitching session. Take a look at the background of Nintendo. Take a look at the info behind the bad press that Nintendo has previously been given. Nintendo are smart. They just don't talk about it.

PS: The voting channel???? Is this the best multiuser activity Wii can get out of Wii??? With ABSURDLY dumb questions that take FOREVER to update?
Nope. It's just a fun little channel. I for one, actually like it. Just pure data, no arguements or anything. Sure it could do with some more additions (like more than 2 answers), but heck, it's main purpose is to entertain. If you don't like it, simply don't use it!

They yap and yap about Wiis connectivity and then they DONT HAVE ONLINE PLAY???!!!! ARGH!!!
Not yet! Patience is a virtue. Why is online play that important anyway? Surely it's better to have an excellent game offline than a crap game online...

oh gosh ok I am getting worked up I better stop before I chuck my Wii in the garbage and go buy an Xbox 360 which may not have those great controls but at least I can play my friends without them PHYSICALLY being at my house.
Right... Because that's the only way people can play [/sarcasm]. We didn't have online in the days of Goldeneye and it was still fantastic.

Unless Nintendo wants to include a TELEPORTER with the system, they have FAILED MISERABLY, and that's sad because with online multiplayer and voice chat added, this would simply be the best system as far as fun goes ever created so far.
Go look at Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is online in Japan already and can be controlled through the DS, including the microphone, just so you can hear a whiney voice screaming out "Noob!". Also, there's going to be a headset released soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back