Wii Standy Auto-Updates?

Kryptonic

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Chesterfield - UK
Wii Online Code
4257-2056-8863-9303
hey all! i just got my Wii! hurray!

Anyway, i set my Wifi up, and it auto updated no problem! After a good session on Wii Sports i went to bed... the following morning i got up to find the unit pulsating blue around the drive bay... mmmm i though whats it doing (i hadnt read the manual at this point!) so i pressed reset button a few times and it stopped - phew!

So i read the man. to see what it was doing... "Recieving Data..." ooo dear, LOL. Would pressing the reset button (it was in Standby anyway at this point) upset it anyway? What would it have been receiving? I havent seen it pulsating blue again :s

Ive checked options and its all still turned on and fine... Any ideas guys?

In my experience, it pulses blue to notify you that there's an update it wants you to download, not when it's actually in the process of updating.

You should be fine.

I would go through the update process manually just to make sure that it is up-to-date but I'm sure it is fine. I am guessing that the application of new software is done after the download is complete and verified so if you shut it off while it was downloading I doubt it touched the running system software.

ooooo phew! thanks guys! hehe

i've got to admit! My Wii has taken the throne away from my 360! I think its cos the misses actually likes playing it as well :)

Cheers for ya input guys!

Last edited:
Back