Wii Still Fear U: And Now I Don't Like U

Hating hipsters is like to main stream.
I just hate the underground, wobbles and all

I HATE YOU ORINOCO YOU PONCEY TWIT!!

So besides the hipster stuff lol have you guys heard about Ninty not selling the Wii U gamepads separately or some **** like that?

EDIT: @Staff....so guys (and girls...if any) when are we changing to WiiUChat?

That's gotta be a dumb rumor. Why in god's name wouldn't they? Too high of a price individually? What if ya need t' get a replacement one and don't wanna go through Ninty directly?

@Staff....so guys (and girls...if any) when are we changing to WiiUChat?

Not 'less the bosses themselves tell me to, I sure ain't.

VIDEO: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/13/news-nintendo-will-not-sell-gamepad-separately-in-north-america

When Nintendo finally revealed Wii U would support up to two GamePad controllers, one of the first questions many fans asked was "How much will one of those cost?" After Nintendo's Wii U launch presentation earlier today, I caught up with Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime to ask just that. Much to my surprise, Fils-Aime said gamers wouldn't have to worry about it - Nintendo isn't planning on selling GamePads as accessories in North America.

We have deliberately not announced the availability of the GamePad as a separate, standalone accessory here in the United States,Fils-Aime told me. The reason for that is simple - there are no games in the launch window that take advantage of a second GamePad. And [because of that], I want all of that hardware production to be focused on driving sales at retail.

"What I mean by that is that Wii U is a console and a GamePad together. If I were to take additional GamePads and make them available as an accessory, then I would have less Wii U console hardware to sell into retail. You know, probably one of your questions is whether I'm going to meet demand. The only way we're going to achieve that here in the Americas is to not have that GamePad accessory, so I can maximize my overall volume.

Source: IGN

EDIT: and also this now...

A Nintendo of America customer service representative has confirmed that Wii U GamePad replacements will be available for a fee. Nintendo of America has already said that Wii U GamePad's will not be available for purchase separately. This isn't such a big deal as there are no games which currently support the use of two GamePad's.

Nintendo of America’s Owen Allen had this to say:
“I can tell you that individual replacement Wii U GamePad controllers will be available from Nintendo Consumer Service for a fee. In regard to warranty coverage for that accessory, at this time no specific announcements have been made. However, it’s worth noting that Nintendo warranties do not cover physical damage.”
At this time there is no information on how much a replacement fee could cost consumers. If the GamePad is defective, Nintendo will likely replace it for free.
Source: examiner

Last edited:
Nar no renaming, they made a WiiU forum instead, was asked to be a mod over there, but I have next to no interest in the WiiU, buying wise its below a 32X

Now I am seeing new reports about how the Wii U has better graphics than the Playstation 3 and XBOX 360, but the CPU is weaker meaning that developers will have to work around issues regarding how much they put into it. Example being, you had 200 enemies in the XBOX 360 version, but the Wii U will only be able to give you 150 on the bases that it cannot process that many without problems, however; the graphics of the enemies will be stunning.

Back