Wii Stolen... CRAP!!!!

elmo_999

Wii launch Owner
Nov 28, 2006
BC (go nucks and lions)
My new years eve was goin pretty well. My family was at a house down the street we did the usual traditions (watched the ball drop, watched some fireworks) when my little brother called from a friends house (he borrowed my moms cell phone) that Price's alarms called the phone saying that an alarm was triggered. My dad and my friends dad went up to my house and just missed catching him. He booked it up the street with stuff under his jacket. I sprinted up there shortly after. We went in the house to notice that our alcohal cabinet had been raided but then dropped and my wii had been taken along with one wii-mote, 2 chuks and a classic controller. GH3 was in the disc drive and the guitar controller (with a remote inside) was left beside my couch untouched. With the exeption of the game in the drive the rest were left in the rack across the room. So yeah. the cops came and deployed a dog around the area but found nothing. The dumbass left his tools behind so the cops took those and some dropped bottles for evidence. I took the serial # off the wii box and will be taking that to the local pawn shops. BTW: he left the sensor bar behind. The jerk can have fun playin without that. Hopefully its found. I guess my cube's gonna start seeing more attention. Well this sucks. And i got the wii the day it came out and registered it. Is the warranty still goin?

Edit Jan.12
Well guys (and gals). I decided not to give my serial # to pawn shops because the police said that pawn shop owners are jerks and that they will hold stolen stuff in the back and then put it out for sale after people stop looking just to make money. I came home and my mom greeted me with a new one. We were just given some money by my grandpa so they bestowed it upon me for a new wii. Of course i would rather my old one because of all the save files and stuff but whatever. It might be kinda fun to dust off SMG and LoZ:TP again. Ill try to get it online soon and play with some of you chaps. Once again thanks to all of the members who gave me their sympathy. Gracias.

Last edited:
elmo_999 said:
My new years eve was goin pretty well. My family was at a house down the street we did the usual traditions (watched the ball drop, watched some fireworks) when my little brother called from a friends house (he borrowed my moms cell phone) that Price's alarms called the phone saying that an alarm was triggered. My dad and my friends dad went up to my house and just missed catching him. He booked it up the street with stuff under his jacket. I sprinted up there shortly after. We went in the house to notice that our alcohal cabinet had been raided but then dropped and my wii had been taken along with one wii-mote, 2 chuks and a classic controller. GH3 was in the disc drive and the guitar controller (with a remote inside) was left beside my couch untouched. With the exeption of the game in the drive the rest were left in the rack across the room. So yeah. the cops came and deployed a dog around the area but found nothing. The dumbass left his tools behind so the cops took those and some dropped bottles for evidence. I took the serial # off the wii box and will be taking that to the local pawn shops. BTW: he left the sensor bar behind. The jerk can have fun playin without that. Hopefully its found. I guess my cube's gonna start seeing more attention. Well this sucks. And i got the wii the day it came out and registered it. Is the warranty still goin?
The warranty is expired, but even if it wasn't you still couldn't get another.

It's hard to find a warranty that covers theft and loss, because they are so easy to fake.

Bad luck man :(

I don't think it covers theft. You'll need to send proof if it does.
Sorry your Wii got stolen dude. The dude who stole it must've watched you all leave the house that night or it was lucky for him to choose your house.
Really you should've chased him, With all that stuff he'd been slow

Wii_Smurf said:
I don't think it covers theft. You'll need to send proof if it does.
Sorry your Wii got stolen dude. The dude who stole it must've watched you all leave the house that night or it was lucky for him to choose your house.
You seem to know alot...

Where were YOU on New Years Eve!!! :lol:

At my mums house getting wrecked :lol:
I know this cause our shed got robbed once. Managed to take our Dryer lol but He'd watched us for a couple of nights to see when we went to bed etc cause I didn't get much sleep that night and he took it during the couple of hours I was in bed.

I remember reading an article about a kid who's Wii was stolen, and he chased the thief down, and beat the crap out of him...got his Wii back too.

Sorry to hear about your loss, man. Hopefully they'll be able to track him down for you.

FRuMMaGe said:
The warranty is expired, but even if it wasn't you still couldn't get another.

It's hard to find a warranty that covers theft and loss, because they are so easy to fake.

Bad luck man :(
You must really suck at math if you think the Warranty is expired.

Clarke said:
You must really suck at math if you think the Warranty is expired.

Why it lasts a year

Although he did say he registered it which means It's still good for another year

Thieves are such retards these days. If you're gonna break the law and steal stuff, at least do it right! I mean, your stolen Wii is virtually worth so much less without the sensor bar, and the guitar hero 3 game is worth nothing without the controller, as there were no previos guitar hero games on the Wii to have bought a controller with. No one will buy it on it's own.

I swear, if I was a thief, I'd do things right. Sorry for your loss man....

Shotgun *cough*

Wait...you might have hit the wii.

Really sorry for the loss man. Especially since you're a member I actually like. =P

Wii_Smurf said:
The dude who stole it must've watched you all leave the house that night or it was lucky for him to choose your house.

Yeah some neighbors saw a teen in a black hoodie (fits the description of the guy my dad saw) like a half-hour before the break in. And my dad and my friends dad arnt the fastest guys. If my friend or i were there we woulda caught him probably. My friends dad probably could have tackled him at first but he didnt think it was worth getting stabbed over a wii lol.

Call Nintnedo to see if they can trace your wii if u registered it online. They might be able to trace it if the console goes online when the theif is using it.

Tjharwin said:
Thieves are such retards these days. If you're gonna break the law and steal stuff, at least do it right! I mean, your stolen Wii is virtually worth so much less without the sensor bar, and the guitar hero 3 game is worth nothing without the controller, as there were no previos guitar hero games on the Wii to have bought a controller with. No one will buy it on it's own.

I swear, if I was a thief, I'd do things right. Sorry for your loss man....

Well considering the alarm went off the theif wouldn't know how much time he/she had and therefore would just scramble everything he/she can
If he/she can't carry an item without him/her believing it might slow him/her down he/she will just leave it

Probably just Panicked

Last edited:
Back