Wii Stuck On Update

thelmuffinman32

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
For some reason my wii got stuck on the update at about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through so I shut it off and turned it back on then it got to half and stopped. I then tried to eject and re-insert Red Steel to see if it would load the game but no igar. Restarted it again and now it's tusk a little past half way. All this happened over the course of 5 hours and trust me, this is not becasue of me being impacient. because I have given each "stuck point" at least 1.5 hours to move and none did. Please help!

-Alex

Wow, nevermind. After restarting my Wii just once more right after I made this thread, the update downloaded in two minutes.

-Alex

yeah, it's a bit slow probably because of all the people updating at the same time

What exactly is this 'updating'? (im in UK) . Do you have to do this first thing, i.e before playing games etc, or just when you get online, what do you get out of it? Please post your answer bearing in mind i am a technical 'dummy'-
Thanks...

updating the firmware on the console. its not necessary to do, but updates usually fix glitches and flaws. and seeing how those who own a wii have the first batch, ur more likelly to have problems.

Based on the suggestion I found, I formatted the Wii and changed my wireless channel on my router to 1 (to avoid any conflicts with surrounding networks). Upon setting up the wireless network again, the test and update worked quickly and flawlessly.

Back