Wii Supply Going to Increase?

firedragon said:
I feel bad for those poor people who can't find a Wii, It really is the best console of the three. I hate, in fact, I refuse to touch or play a game with the old controller, it seems so - what's the word - um.... Prehistoric.
I don't really understand that. Some of the actions I'm forced to use the Wii mote for just feel wrong (jerking the remote upwards to hit the dice block in Mario Party for instance). It's just like an incredibly unresponsive button sometimes.

Don't pretend that waggle controls are inherently better for everything.

Although I hope this is true I don't think it's the amount of Wiis that's the problem. I think the problem is that people go buy Wiis just to sell them at an unfair price on Ebay.

E-Roc2010 said:
Although I hope this is true I don't think it's the amount of Wiis that's the problem. I think the problem is that people go buy Wiis just to sell them at an unfair price on Ebay.

It's supply in demand, that's why people sell them on eBay for a large amount of money. But you also must realize that the price you see is not always the starting price, it could be the final price after 100 bids offering more $$$. This is already happening, so it shouldn't be anything new. Some more Wii's wouldn't hurt.

I don't feel that bad for people who 'can't find one'..

I spent a week searching and eventually found one at a local supermarket, and my friend who isn't very clever found one relatively easily a couple weeks ago without much trouble.

I think people either need to be more vigilent on their hunt or just suck it up and pay on ebay if they can't spend the time looking for one.

I don't mean to offend anyone but if I can find one in buttf""k Saskatchewan Canada, I'm sure people can find them where they live.

swoop_ds said:
I don't mean to offend anyone but if I can find one in buttf""k Saskatchewan Canada, I'm sure people can find them where they live.
The thing about that is that it's usually quite a bit easier to find consoles at times like this in remote places. My former roommate got his Xbox 360 soon after launch when they were still in short supply. He couldn't find them anywhere in his town, but he was in a Wal-Mart in a much smaller town and found one. In a more urban area where there are likely to be more gamers, it's obviously going to be harder to find a game console when there is a shortage.

What wade said is true. Its often the strategy of a gamer to visit used game stores in remote areas because they have better inventory. Same goes for hard to find consoles.

Back