Wii system won't start (load) unless the wifi is on

steve7132

WiiChat Member
Jul 20, 2011
steve7132
Hi, I bought a wii from someone and set it up. It said it needed to update when I inserted a new game. I had it linked to the wifi on the router. It did the update and the game plays fine. The Problem is that the Wii system won't start (load) unless the wifi is on. Is there any way to play the console without a wifi connection?
Even when a game is not in the console it doesn't do anything unless the Wi-Fi is turned on.

This is kinda weird. Never heard of it :shocked:
Is the Wii Hacked/Modded?

I'm not sure. I got it from a friend. He is always doing stupid stuff. I am constantly fixing his computers. I guess he sold it to me thinking that I would solve another one of his stupid mistakes.

If I was you, I would install a softmod for the Wii so you can downgrade your Wii to 4.1 or 4.2. (If there is a problem with your firmware) That's what I would do. Or try formatting your Wii. Please if you are going to do this, do it at your own risk.
I have my Homebrew channel installed with a backed up NAND memory, I would recommend an Install of the hbc so you can back up your memory and don't lose anything if you are formatting it.
Hope this can help.

Well as it stands now, there are no accounts associated with it and there is no memory card installed. so, it is basically just the console with no purchased games of any kind on the drive. I'll have to look at it further. At this time it is not in front of me, so I can't give too much more information. When I get the chance I will post further after reviewing the system again.

Oh and BTW, thanks for the quick reply. I am just trying to be able to take the router off the system and run the console without it. I need the router elsewhere (another Location), not the same house as the game.

what you need to do is get the cereal # off the bottom of the Wii and see if the warranty is still good.
you need to go to this web site and put you cereal# in the box http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/repairs/warrantyLookup.do
if you warranty is still good call Nintendo and the will repair it for free or give you a new one you only have to pay $10 shiping
if you warranty is not good it will cost $80 with $10 shiping But if you talk to a nice person and told them you bought like a new power cord or something like that they will take off the amount of a power cord.
hope this helps

If I was you, I would install a softmod for the Wii so you can downgrade your Wii to 4.1 or 4.2. (If there is a problem with your firmware)

That's... a terrible idea, lol. 4.3 is already out, downgrading can cause serious problems and even more dangerous risks if you downgrade improperly... Not to mention there's no real reason to downgrade unless you wanted to install homebrew, but you're on 4.3.

Formatting might do the trick though, yes.

That's... a terrible idea, lol. 4.3 is already out, downgrading can cause serious problems and even more dangerous risks if you downgrade improperly... Not to mention there's no real reason to downgrade unless you wanted to install homebrew, but you're on 4.3.

Formatting might do the trick though, yes.

Well... sorry, if I just said a stupid thing.

About the warranty thing,.. I think is the best you can do with your wii steve.

Well... sorry, if I just said a stupid thing.

Harr, no need for apologies. Nobody can know everything, so I was just correctin' ya. :thumbsup:

I seem to of forgotten to mention it, but yes, if your Wii's warranty is still viable that may be your only way to fix your Wii. If formatting fails, contacting Nintendo for repairs might be the best thing to do.

Back