wii technology, not all brand new

konomaroh said:
Nintendo already had a shot with the power glove

but the wii actually works

The Power Glove was a third-party product not made by Nintendo.

The word 'obsolete' means out of and date and out of use which certainly doesn't sum up the Wii technology.

Didn't we all know that the Wii's hardware sucks? It doesn't seem to be a secret...

Skippy said:
And TV remotes and the old light guns are a different technology too.
TV remotes and the Wii both use IR...TVs obviously don't use multiple IR sensors to calculate the remote's position, but they still use the same technology.

CantGetAWii said:
Fanboys like to say its two Gcubes taped together, so its not all new then:lol:
But unfortunately it isn't even that powerful. It is more like one overclocked GameCube.

It's not really new technology, just highly improved old technology, but the motion sensor feature is new.

paintba||er said:
Didn't we all know that the Wii's hardware sucks? It doesn't seem to be a secret...

TV remotes and the Wii both use IR...TVs obviously don't use multiple IR sensors to calculate the remote's position, but they still use the same technology.

But unfortunately it isn't even that powerful. It is more like one overclocked GameCube.

Hey! It's Paintba||er on his magical PS3 pony!
(I seriously have to thank whoever has that Sig!)

And you know this... how? Have you taken apart a Gamecube & a Wii, put the pieces side by side, and researched every component?

Last I check, Galaxy and Brawl couldn't be done on a Gamecube.

Also, last I checked, the Gamecube needed to use two disc to run Resident Evil 4, while the Wii needed one.

AtomicB said:

And you know this... how? Have you taken apart a Gamecube & a Wii, put the pieces side by side, and researched every component?

Also, last I checked, the Gamecube needed to use two disc to run Resident Evil 4, while the Wii needed one.

Calm down boy.. He said "more like an overclocked gamecube" keyword being "like" not "is"..

AtomicB said:
LOL it was in my sig, it was a quote from Vagrant though.

AtomicB said:
You don't have to. You can easily find the specs on the internet.

AtomicB said:
I'm sure they could. They might have to be very slightly dumbed down, but it could be done, and there would probably be very little noticeable difference between the two version.

AtomicB said:
Wow, it got a DVD drive, that all non-Nintendo consoles had last generation, huge enhancement.. :rolleyes:

But in the long run, none of that even matters. It's about which console you enjoy most... console sales would tell us that most people enjoy the Wii and have no idea what an HDTV ZYX blue ray extra compatable SD bagle is. (clearly I'm one of those people).

GThwaite said:
You can't say stuff like that without the fanboys going nuts. It is old technology and Nintendo is making loads of money off the old technology. But it's more how they used the old technology to have a good system. I don't really like the Wii but you can't knock Nintendo cause they've done a very good job with marketing and keeping the demand high for these machines.

I do not understand statements like this when someone post negative things about the wii on a WII FAN SITE, when the poster clearly KNEW that his post would couse hostility with his post, otherwise he wouldn't have qualified it with telling people to take the flame war to PM.

I ask again, what do you really expect? Calling people "fanboys" is useless when you deride fans of the wii on a wii fan board!

Spinty said:
The word 'obsolete' means out of and date and out of use which certainly doesn't sum up the Wii technology.

Thank you.

I don't see any value in posting things like this, save only to cause fights.

Last edited:
A fan is just someone who likes their products. A fanboy is an idiot who is extremely loyal to the brand, will refuse to acknowledge negative aspects of it, flames the competition for idiotic and false reasons, etc.

Example: An extremely shitty version of Guitar Hero is released.

Fan: May still buy it, or be loyal to GH, but recognizes that there are some things that aren't too good in it.

Fanboy: Buys it, ignores how bad it is, tells everybody how great it is, whenever somebody mentions it or RockBand they immediately start flaming RockBand saying something like "RockBand only has insert feature RockBand has over GH GH has insert feature that both have and RockBand is better at.

paintba||er said:
A fan is just someone who likes their products. A fanboy is an idiot who is extremely loyal to the brand, will refuse to acknowledge negative aspects of it, flames the competition for idiotic and false reasons, etc.

Example: An extremely shitty version of Guitar Hero is released.

Fan: May still buy it, or be loyal to GH, but recognizes that there are some things that aren't too good in it.

Fanboy: Buys it, ignores how bad it is, tells everybody how great it is, whenever somebody mentions it or RockBand they immediately start flaming RockBand saying something like "RockBand only has insert feature RockBand has over GH GH has insert feature that both have and RockBand is better at.

Understood. But does not my original point still stand, when people know there are both FANS and FANBOYS on this site? And it has to be acknowledged that a lot of the negative posts about the wii have no real point, save to rag on it and rile people up.

Back