Wii Tennis - Skill level question

mmbass11

WiiChat Member
May 7, 2007
I hope someone can explain this to me...

My girlfriend's skill level is increasing slower than mine when we play against the cpu together. Why?

My girlfriend and I have been playing Wii Tennis for a couple weeks now. The first few days we played all our matches together (against the cpu, of course) and our skill level increased exactly the same. Over the next few days, she played a few games on her own and passed me. Then I came back to play against the cpu with her again and now, I get way more skill level points than her and she hardly gets any. Why???

At first I thought it was because my skill was lower than hers so I was getting more points for playing against the harder cpus. Now I have about 200 more points than her, but after every win we get against the cpu, I get way more points than she does still.

We tried everything. I thought maybe its because I was scoring all the points (haha). But I played on her character and my character still got more points after we won. We still thought it may be a point scoring thing so we purposely had her character score every winning point. Still my character got more skill level points after we won. Then we tried switching our characters between Player 1 and 2. Still no difference.

Please someone, help! She's getting really frustrated!

Thanks...

Last edited:
I'm sure there is something in the Wii Sports manual about how it is calculated, but I am guessing it is a combination between winning and points scored when winning and difficulty of the point.

So, if you let your girlfriend win, then it wouldn't be as skillful as winning a point after a good volley.

You should have your girlfriend go through the training.

Thank you for the help and I appreciate it Logan, but I think you misunderstand our problem.

My gf and I are playing against the computer, not each other. I'm not "letting her win". We made it so that I don't do anything and she hit all the winning shots, but still I get more skill points after the win. Oh, and also, we both have silver and gold medals in the training events, her doing better than I more often :)

I've read the manual and read tons of pages online. People are almost always reporting that the amount of skill level is gained (or lost) through a more dominating amount of points above the cpu players. I've never heard anyone say it was through "good volleys" and "difficulty of the point". But if someone could verify this, I would stand corrected.

So what the heck is the deal?! Someone please help!

My experience with the tennis ratings concludes that your ratings go higher if the match is won 40-0. (or whatever it is). I'm currently around 2200 and if I win the match after its 40-40, my ratings go down. I have to win by shutout in order to raise my ratings. Hope this helps?

Weird... I've noticed the same thing except my character never gets any experience.... :S Idk why sorry.

It is a bit strange however... I wonder why it does that.

Thanks for your help...

Yes, this is my experience too. Don't get me wrong. I understand how it all works (or is supposed to work). The more you win by a higher score, you get more of a skill level increase. I haven't gotten any solid evidence of any other outside factors that affect skill level increase.

So why is it then that when my girlfriend and I play against the cpu, she gets a very small increase and I get a larger one? And I have the higher skill level score! Argh.

Anyone got links to very technical wii sports webpages that have studied the game in-depth? I'm really curious now how a lot of the different sports work.

Back