wii the next dreamcast??

kingofspades

WiiChat Member
Oct 25, 2006
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company. now i know that they are trying to bring a new crowd to video games, like old ladies and ****...lol. but lets face it they dont play video games for a reason. with the video game fanbase averaging at higher ages then it used to, game systems focused on teen to mature games are definately gonna succeed better then a platform with high quality amature games with garbage or dimmed down from its original quality adult games. you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.
you see him smokin a joint talkin trash and poppin off heads on call of duty.
besides 90 percent of those zelda fans are now too old and not interested in it anymore. nintendo the next sega?? i think so.... what about you?

:mad5: :wtf: look man there are gonna be like 18+ on the wii there are games that are meant for everyone and nintendo is not gonna be the next sega they always beat them in the consle wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i no alot of zelda fans that played every game since the start so :prrr: :mad5: stupid sony fanboy

kingofspades said:
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company. now i know that they are trying to bring a new crowd to video games, like old ladies and ****...lol. but lets face it they dont play video games for a reason. with the video game fanbase averaging at higher ages then it used to, game systems focused on teen to mature games are definately gonna succeed better then a platform with high quality amature games with garbage or dimmed down from its original quality adult games. you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.
besides 90 percent of those zelda fans are now too old and not interested in it anymore. nintendo the next sega?? i think so.... what about you?
1) Wii/Nintendo is a multi bilion $ company
2) Umm knowing the amount of People getting the wii on nintendo forums i don't think they will be the next sega
3) Umm Wii isn't necessarly only for kids. Its also for Adults.. Everyone!
4)Wii games have very good games. And i don't think we all want to see Zelda and all those 1st party games gone. So lets put this to rest :)

GreyKirby said:
1) Wii/Nintendo is a multi bilion $ company
2) Umm knowing the amount of People getting the wii on nintendo forums i don't think they will be the next sega
3) Umm Wii isn't necessarly only for kids. Its also for Adults.. Everyone!
4)Wii games have very good games. And i don't think we all want to see Zelda and all those 1st party games gone. So lets put this to rest :)
1) maybe so, but it sure as hell doesnt know how to use its money
2) every single person sticking with nintendo is hardcore enough to visit these forums
3) yeah its a family system, just like disney makes family movies. but strangely disneys fanbase are mostly kids.... i cant figure that one out.
4) did sonic the hedgehog disappear no, it became an xbox game lol.

in touch with the wii said:
dont be put off by this guy he did no reserch
your right i did no research, the only thing it takes to see the nintendos demise is a little somin i call common sense.

kingofspades said:
your right i did no research, the only thing it takes to see the nintendos demise is a little somin i call common sense.
But are you sure you have common sense ;)
Anywho if you did then you'd know that NIntendo WONT be going down this time at least not yet. I can tell you that because i guarantee it. Its not the system that makes the most money its the games ;)

hmmm well there are mostly teens and adults on this forum so nintendo doesnt have an all kid fan base um ur wrong nintendo will last a long time and no what carry on with fanboy ism against the wii ur gonna be banned lol

sonic isnt an xbox game its on all consoles now, if nintendo wii has sold out already then how is that not knowing how to use their money?

GreyKirby said:
But are you sure you have common sense ;)
Anywho if you did then you'd know that NIntendo WONT be going down this time at least not yet. I can tell you that because i guarantee it. Its not the system that makes the most money its the games ;)
this is gonna be my last reply i feel like its me against the world here. nintendo does a great job at taking great xbox and playstation games and making them average/good. with the new controller that wont be designed for these games itll be more like shitty/damn near impossible to play. a system cant survive on only games made by nintendo. mario and zelda didnt save the gamecube, so how the hell is it gonna save wii. plus another chance its taking is trying to gamble with the whole nature of video games. which is gonna end up hurting there already open wound. a bunch of third parties are gonna leave them. if your trying to say nintendo makes better games then xbox tell it to the all the people who arent getting one because they think other wise

kingofspades said:
this is gonna be my last reply i feel like its me against the world here. nintendo does a great job at taking great xbox and playstation games and making them average/good. with the new controller that wont be designed for these games itll be more like shitty/damn near impossible to play. a system cant survive on only games made by nintendo. mario and zelda didnt save the gamecube, so how the hell is it gonna save wii. plus another chance its taking is trying to gamble with the whole nature of video games. which is gonna end up hurting there already open wound. a bunch of third parties are gonna leave them. if your trying to say nintendo makes better games then xbox tell it to the all the people who arent getting one because they think other wise

its true that nintendo cannot survive on only games made by nintendo but that is why they pursued this pathway is because they had alot of third party developers interested in the wii and its controlls as well as the free online play...

kingofspades said:
you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.

not true
i'm BASICALLY 17 (16 3/4, 11/12 somethin like that) and i'd GLADLY sit around on my lazy ass all day playin mario party. that's a pretty kick ass game if i do say so myself. i also have a lot of 17/18 year old friends who i know would join me on THEIR lazy asses playin mario party or other games of the kind.

*edit*
when i went to preorder my wii, i saw this 30-35 year old businessman looking guy who was also preordering a wii and zelda... i'll admit he did look like a nerd, but he's still not a little kid.
ALSO, i saw a 30-35 year old businesswoman looking girl (with the guy but i don't think they were married) who had a baby with her. she was also preording a wii and zelda. they were definately not kids, teens, nor college students. they were older than that.

Last edited:
pmarc22 said:
not true
i'm BASICALLY 17 (16 3/4, 11/12 somethin like that) and i'd GLADLY sit around on my lazy ass all day playin mario party. that's a pretty kick ass game if i do say so myself. i also have a lot of 17/18 year old friends who i know would join me on THEIR lazy asses playin mario party or other games of the kind.

same here they need to hurry up and make mario party 8 cuz 7 is getting old... i only need to unlock one more donkey kong game (multiplayer one) grr

wii will not be the next dreamcast, theres too much support for it

p.s

i liked the dreamcast tho

Back