wii the next dreamcast??

kingofspades said:
this is gonna be my last reply i feel like its me against the world here. nintendo does a great job at taking great xbox and playstation games and making them average/good. with the new controller that wont be designed for these games itll be more like shitty/damn near impossible to play. a system cant survive on only games made by nintendo. mario and zelda didnt save the gamecube, so how the hell is it gonna save wii. plus another chance its taking is trying to gamble with the whole nature of video games. which is gonna end up hurting there already open wound. a bunch of third parties are gonna leave them. if your trying to say nintendo makes better games then xbox tell it to the all the people who arent getting one because they think other wise
frankly, i think ps3 will be the next dreamcast. Its wayyyyy overpriced, what games does it have? and its not even that good. and what are some examples of games that wii will be making shitty and impossible to play.

Each one of my close friends are getting a wii on opening day with me thats 8 of us who are getting wiis. I dont think the wii will be a flop it almost cant be one considering the price. How can u say taht it will only appeal to hardcore gamers when its so cheap. I think the ps3 is the only system that will appeal only to hardcore gamers. another thing too is that you can buy an 360 and a wii for the price of a ps3. i think that xbox 360 will sell the most with wii at a close second and ps3 at the bottom. and becides i dont have the time to put endless hours in on final fantasy type games or spend my day playing assassins creed till i beat it. Im getting a wii because i will be able to sit down and play a few rounds of monkey ball, or laugh my ass off with some freinds playing wario ware. But i will spend the time to beat zelda lol all 70 hours of it

wiiwii said:
Each one of my close friends are getting a wii on opening day with me thats 8 of us who are getting wiis. I dont think the wii will be a flop it almost cant be one considering the price. How can u say taht it will only appeal to hardcore gamers when its so cheap. I think the ps3 is the only system that will appeal only to hardcore gamers. another thing too is that you can buy an 360 and a wii for the price of a ps3. i think that xbox 360 will sell the most with wii at a close second and ps3 at the bottom. and becides i dont have the time to put endless hours in on final fantasy type games or spend my day playing assassins creed till i beat it. Im getting a wii because i will be able to sit down and play a few rounds of monkey ball, or laugh my ass off with some freinds playing wario ware. But i will spend the time to beat zelda lol all 70 hours of it

yea agreed:yesnod:

One huge difference between the Wii and the dreamcast, the dreamcast had nothing over the ps2, all the features the were better on the dreamcast were negotiable to the third party support for the ps2(which the PS2 really didn't live up to the hype just like the PS3 won't), the Wii is completely different from any other console being sold right now and it has all the third party support, ubisoft has even pushed back PS3 and 360 games even farther but upped the ante on Wii games by saying 7 more are in the works and they already have 7 for launch, EA is also on the Wii bandwagon, really don't need to go on, so basically its an awesome system with the best first and third party support, no comparison to the downfall of the dreamcast, oh and also the dreamcast was first 128 bit generation system out, Wii is the last system released for this next-generation. also why are you even posting on a Wii forum if you don't like the system, just leave retard, can't stand you stupid flamers, go get your stupid PS3 and when you controller bursts into flames like the other sony battery products don't cry to us.

as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different.

I would also like to know how a Wii and Dreamcast are the same. They are totally different.

darthbeaverxp said:
No offence to anyone, butI dont know anybody thats getting a wii, in person, except you guys, and this site is way less popular then the ps3 forums. .

Freinds getting ps3: 3 ( 2 of which waiting for price drop)
Freinds that have or plan on getting a 360( + me): 6
Freinds getting wii: 14
Freinds who cant afford anything: 5

2 freinds are getting ps3 wii
1 freind getting ps3 wii 360 (rich)
3 (including me) getting 360 and wii

And also, ive seen some of those threads for ps3chat or whatever, and they are not nearly as filled as this one.Actually there are about 15,000 posts under nintendo wii chat here where as under ps3 chat there is about 100. obviously this is only one place, but it doesnt give much justice to that statement.( just looked at ps3forums.com and it is straightout ownage, im sorry for what i said about us beating it)

Last edited:
darthbeaverxp said:
No offence to anyone, butI dont know anybody thats getting a wii, in person, except you guys, and this site is way less popular then the ps3 forums. Yes nintendo owns some 25 billion dollars, but sony is a 90 billion dollar company. And i dont know whats up with those guys that are 16/17 that play mario and squirt flowers with water in sunshine, but thats not my bag, i dont like zelda, i dont like mario, and theres no real innovation to the games coming out for the wii. Im not trying to flame here im just stating what i know. The ps3 has great games set for it, as does the 360 (but 360 is almost all multi platformers). Yea sure the ps3 costes $600...but thats coming with blu-ray, blue tooth, dvd playing ability, cd playing ability, web browsing ability and free online and a few other minor things and thats only 600. Regular blu ray dvd player costes somewhere between $900-1100. Wii wont have as much GB either. I dont think wii will be the next dreamcast though, i think it'll succedd to an extent, id say it'll do a bit better than gamecube. But it sure as heck isnt gonna beat 360 and ps3, no way in hell. I personally have better things to do then play monkey ball and go on tony hawk skateboarder where the windows look like paintings (not good graphics), but who knows, to me, its mostly about games and their graphics. No games listed for wii appeal to me as of yet so..... Just my opinion.
Well first off as I have said to many flamers, don't like the system?:shocked: Then get off the board, second off bluray? Yeah just like betamax, bluetooth wait the Wii has that right, free internet, wow Wii also, other minor things, wow Wii also, regular bluray costs 900-1000 sounds very overpriced considering ps3 also plays games, scam by big business Sony and friends, sounds like it. Not a lot of GB well what are you using it for, if games they are supposed to be 25 gb on ps3 already you won't put but 2 on the HD before it fills up, Wii has sd cards, inexpensive, getting very big in size, and removable so you can have unlimited storage, also USB HD. The graphics for the PS3 are definitely not wowing me either since that is the only leg it has to stand on if you really want graphics than the PC will beat out the PS3, well probably already is considering all the new video and physics cards. If you want the hd support Sony is boasting then you need to buy extra equipment, kinda senseless to say hd is required nowadays and not include the necessary equipment, oh wait its Sony that makes perfect sense to them. Also third party support is mainly for the Wii nowadays from what I have seen and with livemove they will program motion sensing even easier so more games will be released that have great motion sensing. PS3 is just and overpriced 360, I have a PS2 and it is really disappointing if you look at what it was supposed to be able to do, I also didn't like mario sunshine, never bought a gamecube, am not a Nintendo fanboy, and from what I've seen of the PS3 that will be an even bigger disappointment, after all even pc game programmers say they won't support quad-core right now because its too hard to program for, PS3 7 core was really way too many cores which is probably why a lot of games have been pulled from PS3 development, yes some Wii games will not be the best but look at the PS2 that ruled this generation tons of crap games for little money, people are more likely to buy a system that has 50 inexpensive games even if they haven't heard of half of them over a system that has 10 games they have heard of that cost and arm and leg, if we didn't need money we won't be working:crazy: .

If anyone remembers, people bought the PS1 because it could play Dvds. Now look at dvd players, how expensive are they? Just like in one of those IGN interviews: "Go to your car, drive to a garage sale, and buy one for around $5".

The same will happen to Blu-Ray. Just wait a year or so.

COLDshiver said:
If anyone remembers, people bought the PS1 because it could play Dvds. Now look at dvd players, how expensive are they? Just like in one of those IGN interviews: "Go to your car, drive to a garage sale, and buy one for around $5".

The same will happen to Blu-Ray. Just wait a year or so.
actually PS2 played dvds, I'm sure you meant that but on the fact of the PS1 lets compare PS3 to 3DO, that was high tech and cost...
...also $600, played a new format, VCD, lacked third party support and died before it could even bask in the glory of itself, PS1 came around and killed it with less features and lower price point, also sega saturn was killed by PS1 even though was more powerful with 3 processors, wait multiple core, multiple processor, I got it Sony took all the failures in gaming and put them together in 1 new system then tried to copy Wii's controller to save the crappy system and failed there too, makes perfect Sony sense.

ABC said:
I stopped reading after that sentence. You are clearly handicap.
thats taken out of context to make me look like an ass, read the rest of the damn paragraph before making judgements.

supafly said:
frankly, i think ps3 will be the next dreamcast. Its wayyyyy overpriced, what games does it have? and its not even that good. and what are some examples of games that wii will be making shitty and impossible to play.
ive confused some ppl, im not a sony fan boy, and you could also get into a big debate about ps3 breaking down. the only system im gonna own is xbox. shitty meening downgraded graphics. and impossible to play meening the wii controller isnt made for games that are more focused on sonys and microsofts control schemes. i have a feeling a lot of games are gonna be a pain in the ass to use with the wand control.

ghghgh14702 said:
Well first off as I have said to many flamers, don't like the system?:shocked: Then get off the board.
last and most certainly least...........come on man these debates are whats fun in forums.

Back