wii to be bigger in 08

jess4mick

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
australia
Wii Online Code
4413-3959-6605-8167
:wink: found this very interesting Wii Best-Selling Console of 2008

While Nintendo will continue to ramp up supply, its Wii system will even so remain sold out on a regular basis during the first six months of the year, largely due to increased demand after the release of titles like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii Fit. In the second half of 2008, Nintendo will embark upon a much larger push into the online arena, led by Wii's own online-intensive Mario Kart, and more online compatible Touch Generation and casual efforts. Come December of 2008, Wii will have consistently outsold competitors Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in hardware sales and will officially be the number one console, both in America and the world. :yikes: Nintendo Releases Unconventional Voice Chat Solution for Wii

With more and more internally-developed titles supporting online play, the Big N will finally ready a long overdue solution for gamers to voice chat with friends while connected. But it won't be a conventional headset. Hoping to maintain Wii's squeaky-clean family image, Nintendo will instead develop a voice chat peripheral which enables parents to listen in on the online conversations their kids are having. Within a matter of a few weeks, though, third-party peripheral makers will release a traditional headset for Wii that proves a worthy alternative to Nintendo's own device :cool: E3 2008: Nintendo Announces New Wii Take on Major Classic Franchise
Although Wii will continue to see more and more anticipated "expanded audience" titles like Wii Fit in 2008, Nintendo will make it a point to show off at least one major sequel to a beloved classic franchise at the next Electronic Entertainment Expo. The title will appeal specifically to the hardcore crowd. What will it be? Hey – these are just predictions. Make your own guess.

Sounds really great and accurate. I think Wii may be challenged by the PS3 this year due to all their great popular-title exclusives they're receiving. I think 360's going to have to pull something out because if they do have any exclusives, they're terribly publicized.

Keep in mind these are simply predictions.
I think its safe to say though, that E3 will announce a sequel of a franchise this year.

Finally voice chat!

Cant wait to see the new game at E3. Probably Zelda or maybe some old Nintendo classic.

This year looks great.

iOwnage said:
Finally voice chat!

Cant wait to see the new game at E3. Probably Zelda or maybe some old Nintendo classic.

This year looks great.
They were just IGN predictions, there's no guarantee that we will get any of the things they were talking about.

two important aspects to that prediction that need to be taken into consideration. One is that it says "a new wii take..." which seems to imply this is not a franchise that has been on the wii before, thus excluding Zelda, Mario, or Metroid. Also we have to wonder what exactly they mean when they say "classic". Are they talking about the popularity of the franchise in question, or are they simply refering to it's age. If so, how far back do they go to consider it a classic? N64 days, or all the way back to NES?

Right now there are too many possibilities to make any strong guess. But there aren't too many other "major" franchises in Nintendo's reserve that I haven't yet excluded.

My personal guess would be, if there is an announcement about a major franchise sequel, it would either be something to do with Donkey Kong or Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
Well, what else is there, Kirby? Who likes Kirby? They said it was a "major sequel", not a sequel that not many people are going to care about. I just can't see a game starring a pink oval that sucks crap into it as being a beloved classic.

Back