Wii to be 'biggest Euro launch ever'

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In an exclusive interview with Eurogamer T, Nintendo UK Boss David Yarnton claims that the Wii will be the biggest console launch in Europe to date.

Nintendo is estmating they will have shipped over 4 million units by year's end, and Europe wil be a substantial portion of that number

Yarnton is promising more stock for Wii this Christmas than any previous launch in the company's history – but warned that shortages were inevitable, boasting that "20 million wouldn't be enough" such is demand for the console.
"We've sold close to six million units of DS hardware since launch and four million Nintendogs, so Europe is a very important market for our company and growing," Yarnton insisted.

"[With Wii] we're looking at about four million units before the end of the year globally and Europe will get a reasonable proportion of that," he added.

"The stock that we're looking to get we believe will probably be more than we've ever had for any console launch. But from the feedback we've had from our retailers, whatever we have won't be enough as the demand from people is really heating up for it."

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=937&s=l
via: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19795

How much is this demand? I mean, do i seriously need to pre-order soon? i thought there were going to be tons of them in comparison to the demand?

nephesh said:
good, since they doesn't forget Brazil/Brasil!!=D

Wow, you live just next to my country, but remember man that Latin Americans will not get the wii, they have to bring them from the USA... and its not too difficult though...

Arcadium said:
Wow, you live just next to my country, but remember man that Latin Americans will not get the wii, they have to bring them from the USA... and its not too difficult though...
yes, the world seems to forget us :frown2: , but I don't know how, I'll get a Wii! Maybe a friend will bring it to me, but the problem is that she can't enter the country with more than $300 of "gifts", what means a wii and a game to me and nothing with her...in other words, I'll have to think another way!

MetroidZ said:
ebaaaayy .
it's not a good idea, the customs(i don't know if this is exactaly the word, sorry) probably won't let it pass...hard life :(

and sorry everyone, i know this topic isn't a chat, i just did this now because it's quite interesting (i think).

Last edited:
So there wont be that ebay thing that happend with the 360 a g for one sod that

uk_louis_1986 said:
cool i perordered my wii getting it on 8th december (wii fund has £260) wooo i get one on the day it comes out in the uk

Ditto ^_^

and i thought it would be biggest seller due to the amount ps3 are actually being made and how much they are and that they are restricting the sale to europe til may

Back