Wii to launch on October 2nd?

Homicidal_Gamer

Yay I'm dead!
Jul 21, 2006
Over the Stars
The fourth quarter begins on October 1. Now look at the list. At least one game is released every Monday in the fourth quarter except for the following dates: October 2, November 20 and November 27. November 27 is after Black Friday, so it’s out. November 20 is after the launch of the PS3, so that’s out too. That leaves us with October 2. The Wii will launch on October 2.

Here is a crazy theory behind this date I’ve read a few times before on message boards but it basically goes like this: If you take the Wii and ‘convert’ it to Roman Numerals in such a way that it looks like “VVII” you get 552 which means that since two V’s don’t go together you take the sum which becomes 10 (the month) and you leave the 2 on it’s own (the date) which concludes that the Wii launch date is indeed October 2nd.

Gamestop once reported that they had information regarding titles that had a release date on October 2nd.

Could October 2nd be the release date of the Wii? It is known that Nintendo has release the N64, GCN, DS/Lite systems on a Sunday but is Nintendo changing that tradition? Hopefully Nintendo will make an announcement at next month’s German gaming convention.

Though I still doubt October 2nd, I would love it if it was true! But the decorder one definately got me thinking...but still we wont have the final release date until Nintendo says it themselves.

thats a still a great date for me:D but i think your roman numerals theory is just random. i dont think they would plan like that...but thats just my opinion

Homicidal_Gamer said:
Not my Roman numeral theory, it's someone elses! I just read about it and got skeptical.
oh, sorry. but yeah. it doesnt sound all that "smart". a lot of people have been doing that with other dates and they were stupid so....:lol:

Mr_Stoukaph said:
oh, sorry. but yeah. it doesnt sound all that "smart". a lot of people have been doing that with other dates and they were stupid so....:lol:
Yeah, but I really hope it is Oct.2nd that would just be awesome!

*is all giddy*:lol: >.>' (im weird). thats perfect for me because my b-day is just 4 days after:D but it would be better if it was before that. (better than perfect?:wtf: )

Oct.'s a gr8 time. Bring it on! The longer b4 my bday the more chance it will be in stock. Once again, BRING IT ON!!!!!

i hope it comes out then but i really doubt it. if they announce the release date in sept. i doubt they will make the date oct. 2nd. thats kinda dumb (but it would fucking own lol)

Homicidal_Gamer said:
Could October 2nd be the release date of the Wii? It is known that Nintendo has release the N64, GCN, DS/Lite systems on a Sunday but is Nintendo changing that tradition? Hopefully Nintendo will make an announcement at next month’s German gaming convention.

Though I still doubt October 2nd, I would love it if it was true! But the decorder one definately got me thinking...but still we wont have the final release date until Nintendo says it themselves.
Nintendo said they would give release date and the price Wii in September, but i did hear that they will be bringing new games to the convention in Germany. I think an October release is very possible cuz THQ said that one of thier Wii gamesthat's a lauch title is being released in October.

I think Nintendo will not announce the release date and price in September but in August. Here's why I think so:

Update: Since Nintendo will not be holding a keynote speech at the Tokyo Game Show, the likelihood of Nintendo related news at that event has been moved to low. I also added the DigitalLife expo, which I had previously overlooked.

IEMA Summit
18th - 20th of July 2006

Description: The Interactive Entertainment Merchants Association´s annual summit.
Venue: Hyatt Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, Huntington Beach, California, USA
Notes: The IEMA Executive Summit is a retail purchasing show bringing together the leading merchants and publishers to discuss topically-important industry issues and conduct purchasing meetings. It´s apparently a trade-only event.
Likelihood of Nintendo related news very low.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Gaming China 2006
25th - 26th of July 2006

Description: Optimizing marketing competitiveness, profitable game development and revenue strategies, organized by the International Quality & Productivity Center
Venue: Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, Shanghai, China
Notes: There is no full list of exhibitors, this is possibly a workshop and session only event. Nintendo not on the speakers list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siggraph
29th of July - 3rd of August 2006

Description: The 33rd International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, organized by the Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques
Venue: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Notes: Co-located with Sandbox - an ACM Video Game Symposium. Nintendo not an exhibitor.

Edinburgh International Games Festival 2006
21st - 22nd of August 2006

Description: The festival celebrates the best of the interactive entertainment industry and creates an environment where the development and publishing community can celebrate the latest creative milestones and look to future innovations.
Venues: Royal College of Physicians / Odeon, Edinburgh, UK
Notes: Co-located with the EIEF06 Edge Award. Nintendo is on the sponsors list.
Likelihood of Nintendo related news high.

Games Convention 2006
21st - 27th of August 2006

Description: Europe´s biggest gaming expo.
Venue: Leipziger Messe, Leipzig, Germany
Notes: Co-located with GC Developer Conference. Nintendo is on the exhibitors list. Wii console is expected playable at the event.
Likelihood of Nintendo related news very high.

PAX 06
25th - 27th of August 2006

Description: Penny Arcade Expo
Venue: Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, Washington, USA
Notes: PAX is a three-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers. Nintendo is on the sponsors list.
Likelihood of Nintendo related news high.

Toronto Independent Games Conference
31st of August - 2nd of September 2006

Description: 2nd educational conference and trade event for game developers, with a strong focus on 3rd party "indie" developers, hobbyists, and students.
Venue: George Brown College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Notes: Largely academic speakers, full event schedule not yet published.
Likelihood of Nintendo related news low.

Austin Game Conference
6th - 8th of September 2006

Description: 4th conference for online and networked game development, including massively multiplayer online games, casual games, online PC and console games.
Venue: Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas, USA
Notes: There is no full list of exhibitors, this is possibly a workshop and session only event. Co-located with Game Writers Conference, Casual Games Conference and Game Audio Conference. Nintendo not on the speakers list.

TGS 2006
22nd - 24th of September 2006

Description: 10th Tokyo Game Show, organized by The Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association (CESA) and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. Asia´s biggest gaming expo.
Venue: Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan
Notes: Nintendo is no exhibitor (like last year) and will not hold a keynote speech. Sony Computer Entertainment´s Ken Kutaragi and Square Enix´ Yoichi Wada are occupying the opening keynote slots, according to the Japanese TGS 2006 site. The English speakers list is still to be published.

DigitalLife 2006
12th - 15th of October 2006

Description: DigitalLife is a four-day consumer event, produced by Ziff Davis Media. Products include, home entertainment, TVs, consumer electronics, home networking, gaming hardware and software, PCs and laptops, mobile technologies such as phones, PDAs, MP3 players as well as digital culture.
Venue: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York City, New York, USA
Notes: Nintendo is not attending. Xbox is one of the main sponsors.

GameCity 2006
25th - 29th of October 2006

Description: 1st Annual Interactive Entertainment Festival, GameCity aims to entertain, inform and educate individuals, industry and the public sector on the value and the potential of interactive entertainment for everyone. Venue: Not Specified, Nottingham, UK
Notes: Since it´s the first such event, little is known about it. There is no exhibitors list.

vgXpo 2006
27th - 29th October 2006

Description: 2nd America's VideoGame Expo
Venue: Valley Forge Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Notes: Nintendo not on the provisional exhibitors list .

It's not really a theory, it's what I REALLY think. I just think Nintendo could reveal the price and date at either the Edinburgh International Games Festival 2006, the Games Convention 2006, or at PAX 06. I don't think you're wrong, I've heard all about the Oct. 2nd speculation, and I am hoping it's true like most people. :D

Last edited:
Arcadium said:
U are a fake, this isnt ur theory, anyway if u think im wrong here is the link The original one not the HG one

Arcadium, re-read the posts, he never said that it was his theory, he said that it was someone elses.... Please read carefully...

And for the Roman Numeral theory, it would be neat, but its funny that they named it "Wii" because of that date. That would be funny if it was called "The Nintendo Wix" Console if they tried to get it to that numerical date hehe, i doubt that it was named for that reason.

- Scythe

Back