Wii to PC

woodster

WiiChat Member
Jun 25, 2007
i have a computer with a internal WLan card, a RT2500 from Ralink, i think, and i need to know how to open its Access Points and configure the settings to allow the Wii to connect to the PC to access the Internet.

how is this possible at all? if the answer is a clear NO, then i will have to opt for the Wireless Router.

Hi

have a look at this thread started by ciper, it has links to Wii compatible wifi chipsets (seeing as not all are compatible).

personally, i would buy a compatible wireless router. less hassle and are
a bit more future proof.

okay, managed to get this far:

turned on my WLan card, set it to Soft Access Point, from here when i search for access points on my Wii, it finds a Wireless connection, HURRAH i hear you say, well no!

from then on in, i test the connection but i STILL cannot connect to the internet, i get a Error number of 52030, any idea as to what is going on?

i presume that the Wii just cant get on the Internet, or maybe there is some other underlying problem?

dunno, how i would set that up? i have my Internet Connection set to ICS with my Wireless WLan card.

I find Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work with games too nicely, as you have to manually route the ports every single time ... but yes, you need to enable DHCP for random connections. If not, go into the Wii's connection settings and set a static IP address of say ... 192.168.0.199 ... well, that'd work in my case, but I have no idea how your WLan card's technology works.

Can you research how your systems get IP addresses from it? Just check the term 'IP Address' in any information you have. Tell me what it says. ^^ I'm sure anyone can help you from then on.

Back