Wii to pull a 360?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Does anyone remember when they announced at E3 05 that 360 WILL be backwards copatible with XBOX games? Yet, it turns out they have to be "part of the list" for them to play. I don't know why this happened, but is anyone worried Nintendo might do this too with Gamecube? Like not ALL games are compatible and you have to wait for new ones to turn compatible? I know Nintendo is good with backwards compability for like DS and Gameboy SP. But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?

The reason there's an issue with compatibility with the XBox 360 is that they're using entirely different hardware and emulating Xbox games through software fixes.

The Wii, however, has hardware that is entirely compatible with GameCube games, because it's essentially the same hardware a few generations newer.

Sovieto said:
But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?

Have you heard anything that refutes this point ? Until you do, all this thread is really doing is scaring people who think you've heard this somewhere. If Nintendo say "Backwards compatible" it is backwards compatible. Fear not. Nintendo are the least likely to let their fans down.

Flip said:
Have you heard anything that refutes this point ? Until you do, all this thread is really doing is scaring people who think you've heard this somewhere. If Nintendo say "Backwards compatible" it is backwards compatible. Fear not. Nintendo are the least likely to let their fans down.

Or instead of pulling the "Nintendo would never screw us over card" people could just understand that the Wii doesn't suffer from the same technological issues as the XBox 360? :thumbsup:

teqguy said:
Or instead of pulling the "Nintendo would never screw us over card" people could just understand that the Wii doesn't suffer from the same technological issues as the XBox 360? :thumbsup:

You dare to doubt the great Nintendo ? Don't anger me. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry! :yesnod:

Haha, but seriously though. So far, they've stood by their word quite well. Since we're nearing November, I think they'd have told us already, and they wouldn't drop a bomb like that this close to release.

But you're also right. I was just offering another outlook on the issue. :O

if their managing to be able to play NES and SNES games .. most certainly can it play all gamecube games .. its not even a question

Sovieto said:
Does anyone remember when they announced at E3 05 that 360 WILL be backwards copatible with XBOX games? Yet, it turns out they have to be "part of the list" for them to play. I don't know why this happened, but is anyone worried Nintendo might do this too with Gamecube? Like not ALL games are compatible and you have to wait for new ones to turn compatible? I know Nintendo is good with backwards compability for like DS and Gameboy SP. But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?
no. full backward compatability, then virtual console :D

Flip said:

If you read it, Microsoft said the exact same thing. But the person earlier than you awnsered my question pertty much.

Back