Wii too loud..

keewii

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2007
...and i even think i know the main cause of the annoying sound and, i my case, also the annoying vibration - after a few test i realised it is really down to how i insert a disc. i tried dis several times and it has nothing to do with loading or saving. My TV table vibrates and the wii sounds like a bumblebee! :yikes: it's not really all that dramatic but considering i can prevent this from happening by inserting the dvd in the right angle i am seriously thinking that my wii is not entirely healthy, or is this some sort of common side effect? i'd rather get a new one whilst i have a warranty. what do you say guys? anyone knows what i'm talking about ;o)

Disk drive sounds screwy, call Nintendo about it.

Also future reference use better English, so that us here at WiiChat can respond easier and help you. Don't talk to Nintendo like you do to us :lol:

Mine does it too, and I usually have to similar things to make it stop. Sometimes, it will start up again mid-game.

Around the beginning of next year, I'm calling Nintendo. I won't have time to play for a few weeks when the new baby arrives, so it works out well.

..will call Nintendo (!)

Thanks guys, I guess I should speak to Nintendo customer support and will post about the outcome - how annoying though, my Wii is just 5 weeks old / young and I expected it too be a slick piece of hi-tech.. a little disappointing but I guess some of us are just unlucky.. thanks again for the replies :smilewinkgrin:

p.s. I will get some 'English lessons for Wii matters' to improve on my 'Wii matters English' ;P

p.p.s. my Wii does make noise in the toilet, thanks for pointing this out :ciappa:

opitekk said:
Mine is silent~ i think it could also have to do w/ the surface the system is sitting on...?

I would normally agree, but I know I've had mine in every position possible on a variety of surfaces. The vibration source is clearly internal and directly related to an imbalance in the drive. It can happen with any disc at any time, so...

Back