Wii Transport?

Compass

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2007
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to transport my Wii. Sure, I know all about the messenger bag, G-Pak, PG Case, etc., but do those REALLY hold everything you need? A full Wii for me complement consists of:

1 Wii and its cords
4 Wiimotes
4 Nunchuks
1 Zapper (So far)
And a game case that holds all the games instead of individual cases.

Now, because Best Buy had a sale on Wiimote holsters, I now can carry all 4 Wiimotes outside of their respect carrying bags along a custom strap that I plan to stitch onto any bag I get, a la MOLLE style (http://www.marsgear.com/images/products/v-mop.jpg , basically, a bunch of straps that you can further strap stuff to, making it modular). However, this Zapper I have gives me the most issues. It certainly isn't easy to carry around in any sort of bag, and carrying it in your hand can easily get you in trouble due to its firearm-like shape, so that's out of the question. Should I get a PS3/X360 case instead? Those seem roomier for everything.

Please advise a confused Wii-fan!

Go find a box....problem solved!

Seriously, that's what I use :lol:

Armor-plated? Cardboard? Oh, the possibilities!

What size box? =3

where do you plan on taking it that it would need that much protection...
a cardboard box would be fine if your just gonna carry it somewhere... nintendo stuff is pretty durable.

I've looked into the pro gamer box and others like it, and I have to say it just doesn't cut it. Right now, I'm using a free small laptop bag that I got at a conference. BUT, I'd never just throw my Wii in the bottom of that bag!

I've taken aircraft filter material which is soft and cut it to spec fitting exactly inside the bag. Next, I cut a spot out for each of the pieces I wanted to transport. In this case: the console, nunchuck and remote and sensor bar. The outside has a flap where I store the wires and 3 cases of games. I lined one side with toolbox lining that's been tacked to cardboard for rigidity, and on the other side I have more foam to create a complete shell.

Now I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of someone knowing that I'm carrying a Wii, so I'd rather do away without a logo'd item like the sling bag or carrying case. My current plan is to take a metal case that holds cameras, strip out the interior, replace the foam, and have a locking case that not only looks like just another briefcase, but looks like it was made for it. Think the pro gamers case on steroids! Another idea that may work is a case for a musical instrument like a small trumpet or even a poker chip case. Anything that's deep enough and wide enough will work.

As soon as mine is completed, I'll be taking pictures. Hope that sends you in the right direction! If you get a case on eBay, I don't see why it can't be economical and cool to build!

twilightx said:
I've looked into the pro gamer box and others like it, and I have to say it just doesn't cut it. Right now, I'm using a free small laptop bag that I got at a conference. BUT, I'd never just throw my Wii in the bottom of that bag!

I've taken aircraft filter material which is soft and cut it to spec fitting exactly inside the bag. Next, I cut a spot out for each of the pieces I wanted to transport. In this case: the console, nunchuck and remote and sensor bar. The outside has a flap where I store the wires and 3 cases of games. I lined one side with toolbox lining that's been tacked to cardboard for rigidity, and on the other side I have more foam to create a complete shell.

Now I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of someone knowing that I'm carrying a Wii, so I'd rather do away without a logo'd item like the sling bag or carrying case. My current plan is to take a metal case that holds cameras, strip out the interior, replace the foam, and have a locking case that not only looks like just another briefcase, but looks like it was made for it. Think the pro gamers case on steroids! Another idea that may work is a case for a musical instrument like a small trumpet or even a poker chip case. Anything that's deep enough and wide enough will work.

As soon as mine is completed, I'll be taking pictures. Hope that sends you in the right direction! If you get a case on eBay, I don't see why it can't be economical and cool to build!

a sax case might work...
I wouldn't use a instrument case. They are rather expensive and are probably really hard if not impossible to modify because they are designed to protect a multi hundred dollar instrument.

I've looked into a few surgical instrument cases - turns out they're not much different from camera equipment cases aside from the foam being cut to fit the item in tow...it'll be harder to find suitable foam to fill the container than to actually modify the case.

But you're definitely right, they're pretty pricey but it was just an option to explore. The camera cases aren't that much more than than the pro gamer case, so it almost lends itself to people who like to tinker and make it their own.

For example: This case is perfect for modifying!

I dropped my wii like 6 inches above the ground and it still works like a charm. Who needs a case?:cool:

Back