Wii Troubleshooting

Broken Wii for Christmas

I got my son a Wii, I am PISSED, it was the ONLY big gift he got. We plugged it all in and when we try to put a disk in it makes a grinding noise and will not "take" the disk.
Is this a common problem? I am so mad, ya I have a reciept but who knows when the store will have more to get a new one.
Please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this myself.
Thank you

Help!

Hey, I had a question about the nintendo wii updating thing and what happens is I click on the disc icon on your wii menu and it said "updating wii please do not turn off power" and theres an Okay box at the bottom I click it and for 1 second its downloading it and then it goes "Updating has failed" and it takes me right back to the wii menu.

Any ideas?

Hello everyone,

I've had my Wii for over a year now and today I got Super Mario Galaxy.

Once I inserted the game into the console it had to do a system update.

However, when I went to the update menu it said: "Do not turn power off. Wii is updating..." or something similar.

The update didn't complete and I ejected the game from the console, with the message: "The Wii Update has failed." and then turned the power off.

Once I restarted the console, and redid the update, the graphics slightly looked a little fuzzier than normal.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Or what may of happened?

Another Note: This morning I had to plug my red/white/yellow connectors into the DVD/VCR player instead of plugging it into the regular TV. Would this have any effect on anything?

Last edited:
can anyone help me with the multiplayer for smackdownvs. raw 2008? i cant get it to turn on the 2nd wiimote i dont know how to do it. i just got my wii today, please respond or message me!

we have had our Wii since August and have enjoyed gaming with it. For Christmas I have added a new controller but it just will not synch to the console! does anyone know how to re-sync them and if so how do I do it. we only have 3 controllers the 3rd being the new one that wont sync. We were going to play Smooth Moves and have a controller each. Two of the controllers have been sync'd b4 but now don't work.
Help would be appreciated! It's very frustrating we cant play.

BlightedArt said:
Can anyone tell me why to Update your Wii and if it's actually required? I'll be Wii'ing mostly offline.
you need to udate if you are going to play a new game or there is a problem with something and the update will fix it but if you have modified your wii and you update it it could break your wii

Please either read the operations manual or call a Nintendo representative like I told everyone to do in my last post.

Just wondering,

When I tried to update my Wii, and I ejected the disc, the updated failed, and turned back off an on, the image seemed fuzzier than normal.

Is this a TV/VCR related issue or is it a Wii issue?

Thanks

i tried setting up my wii last night for the first time and it sat in the updating screen for quite a long time. is this normal?

Back