Wii U virtual console games coming (spoiler: you have to buy them again)

If you have an app for a phone and you buy a new phone, you don't get the app for it for free. Usually. At least you can get it cheaper.

If you have an app for a phone and you buy a new phone, you don't get the app for it for free. Usually. At least you can get it cheaper.
If both my phones are on the same Apple account and I transferred my game license to my new phone, except it's currently running in compatibility mode, I'd expect the developer would update the game so it runs in native mode; without forcing me to buy the game again.

hur.gif

Hur hur, derpy move Nintendo, some of us just have the originals anyway

After thinking about it, I'm a bit more okay with it.

I had assumed that they would just need to update their emulator/wrapper, and then all of the games would be compatible. I didn't consider that each game woud have to be rebuilt.

I think i'll be OK with paying $1-3, depending on the game ($1 or less for NES, $3 or less for N64)

Last edited:
More likely they will be Wii prices.

You will be drip fed them like with the Wii VC

I really think they shoyuld've just made an emulator that all of the games run in. Then they wouldn't need to modify the original game, just plop a cartridge in a special reader and copy the whole thing.

That being said, only having one VC title a month really sucks. And Wind Breaker, but no thousand-year-door or Luigi's mansion?

My only complaint is that NES games aren't $2 regardless of whether or not ya bloody own it on the Wii... Previously released VC games haven't at all dropped in price. =/ Won't at all be surprised if GC games hit $20 price points (which I'd happily pay for Path of Radiance, but... that's besides the point).

That aside this small extra fee for the updated version of a game, if ya bought the normal one on the Wii, is understandable. Albeit unsavory.

hur.gif

Hur hur, derpy move Nintendo, some of us just have the originals anyway

We can all just *REMOVED BY MODERATOR LOL* anyways.

I actually have no problem paying $20 for GameCube games. They're as good as (if not better than) the new releases, but a third of the price.

$20 is about the maximum I'm comfortable paying for a downloaded game (all my $60 Wii U games will be on disks)

Depends on the game $20 for some GC games is waaaay over priced

Nintendo will milk it. Expect the games that are often seen in S/H shops.

You want Chibi Robo? Well to bad heres Sonic Adventure.

You want Mother/Earthbound? Well to bad heres Sonic

As Bloke said, only if it's a damn-well top class game. Baten Kaitos, Path of Radiance, Wind Waker, Melee... I've no huge issues payin' $20 for said games. Sonic (anything), Mario Party, etc.? nope.avi

Back