Wii U vs Xbox One impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, yesterday we watched the Xbox One presentation. Apparently this new console main focus is the living room entertaiment instead focusing in games, that shows a clear Wii U advantage if Nintendo attracts more third-party games by the end of the year, also graphically speaking COD Ghost looks slightly better than current-gen consoles, so not a huge leap in graphics ( another Wii U advantage). Now talking about the entertaiment features, these are well compared to TVii features with the advantage of super fast switching between apps. Nintendo could counter these features updapting TVii to boost the access time between apps too, I hope they could.
About the console size and the controller, the Wii U clearly wins because the Xbox One is bigger than the xbox360 premium (elite), and the controller is the same with a slightly tweak. Only rest the most important point, you already know what it is. Yes the console price, with these features the Xbox One could cost between $400 - $600
ranging price, that means it will struggle in the mass market and only the hardcore gamers will buy it at these prices. With a reduced fan base even lower than the Wii U currently fan base this marks a huge advantage if Nintendo takes care of the situation. (Also, you know that Wii U support VOICE COMMANDS via the gamepad microphone, is only a matter of time when Nintendo decides to enable this feature in a firmware update).

Well these are my impressions of the Xbox One, but what are yours?
What you think about the Xbox One?
This console has a relevant advantage over Wii U?

More ill informed ranting
Well these are my impressions of the Xbox One, but what are yours?
What you think about the Xbox One?
This console has a relevant advantage over Wii U?

You know when people pick up dog poop? That thing is what the Xbox one is that is
See above
Apart from it truly being next gen unlike the Wii U thats just this gen and a half id say a lot, just not games as right now the Wii U has one game of interest (Lego Undercover) compared to the 360s zero

Why the **** would they give the finger t' indie developers? I really want to know who the hell in Microsoft approved/pushed for such a thing and for what reason(s).

Third party site with "Nintendo" in its name.

Seems about as trustworthy as David Cameron

Too much entertainment , while it is nice and all a few games would be cool

My opinion of XBOX One is simple. Stupid. I'm not going to pay $599.99 for a system, pay $59.99 for a game (if it sucks I'm stuck with it since it installs directly to the HDD), another $4.99 for online Multiplayer (or I before I start paying for Netflix additional $7.99 or more), plus $99.99 for XBOX 360 backwards compatibility through an additionally needed device just to get the XBOX One to play them; not mention you must be online at least once every 24 hours a day otherwise you can't play [W...T...FFFFFFFFF]. Question; If I fill my HDD up and it's a 500GB, will Microsoft allow me to upgrade my HDD like they didn't permit you like the XBOX 360?

Playstation 4 is also another competitor to Wii U, why didn't you look at them? They have the same console concept with a difference of "No More Free Online". However; their market stragety is FOR GAMES ONLY with a hint of TV viewing pleasure. The system is $399.99, the monthly payment is $4.99, and they continue to allow users to play offline as well without needing internet. Steam doesn't even allow that for PCs.

My opinion of XBOX One is simple. Stupid. I'm not going to pay $599.99 for a system, pay $59.99 for a game (if it sucks I'm stuck with it since it installs directly to the HDD), another $4.99 for online Multiplayer (or I before I start paying for Netflix additional $7.99 or more), plus $99.99 for XBOX 360 backwards compatibility through an additionally needed device just to get the XBOX One to play them; not mention you must be online at least once every 24 hours a day otherwise you can't play [W...T...FFFFFFFFF]. Question; If I fill my HDD up and it's a 500GB, will Microsoft allow me to upgrade my HDD like they didn't permit you like the XBOX 360?

Playstation 4 is also another competitor to Wii U, why didn't you look at them? They have the same console concept with a difference of "No More Free Online". However; their market stragety is FOR GAMES ONLY with a hint of TV viewing pleasure. The system is $399.99, the monthly payment is $4.99, and they continue to allow users to play offline as well without needing internet. Steam doesn't even allow that for PCs.
isnt sony saying that 3rd parties have the option to block their used games if they want.
and they charge for online now.
its almost the same thing as microsoft.

All I can say this is: Rare IP(s), you're almost home! Almost home; DAMN! Hurry up time!!!

Xbox one is not going to survive long, and the Wii U will survive through Nintendo's fanbase. >;C

Ahhh, Microsoft... I wonder what they are planning now?

Really, guys? Do we have to sink this low? I mean I don't like Xbox not at all, but really this is just getting over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back