Wii Update 2.0E

79Aust

Bodies Old, Minds Willing
Dec 21, 2006
Chepstow, UK
Wii Online Code
2372-6368-8663-4141
I've read on this web site that people have Update 2.0U, my Wii has Update 2.0E?
Is this the latest update else how can I get 2.0U as my Wii says I have the latest version and doesn't update any further???:smilewinkgrin:

You just answered your own question. Anything else you wish to answer for yourself?

I assumed (Silly Me) that 'U' was a later version than 'E'.
Just because the computer says 'Noooo' doesn't really me No!

Well it does make sense in a way. U after E. Therefore it could be a later model. Dont attack the guy.

I'm not attacking the guy, attacking him would be if I had a crowbar and beat him down for his skittles.

Thanks for your support.
Is it me????????:ciappa:

Probably been covered a billion times..

Probably already been covered a billion times in other forums, I think it goes like this: U = NTSC North America (USA/Canada), J = NTSC Japan and E = European (I guess) PAL (All PAL regions including UK/Australia)

Unless the number in front of the U, J or E is higher in one region or another I guess they remain in sync, that is - unless theres a problem specific to a particular region only in which case I guess a minor revision will be released only in that region.*

* Note: Could be completely wrong :)

Edit: I am in Australia thus have firmware 2.0E after the WiiConnect update.

Great Explanation that makes sense.
Thanks for your help and peace of mind that my Wii is still current and is also still awaiting the UK news channel.

Kamikaze, your an A**hole in every single thread, to every single person. Get over your damn self.

Transfixed said:
Kamikaze, your an A**hole in every single thread, to every single person. Get over your damn self.

Why thank you, I wouldn't expect kinder words from a simpleton.

Hello
I'm very new to this new world of gaming, especially the online stuff now. Last time I really got into any kind of gaming was 100 years ago when Sega Genisis was popular. Things have sure changed.
I just bought a WII, and have managed to get it connected to my wireless network, and currently updating itself. Is it normal for the update to take so long? It's already been about half hour and the status bar indicates it's not even half way through yet. Only thing I saw in any of the posts that is different than my setup is my wireless is on channel 6, not 1 or 11 as someone else said it should be. Will that make that much of a difference?

Thanx for any help.

Back