Wii update freezing problem!! Please help!

chris242

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hey you guys, I have a problem with getting my wii online. It is going through the updates, and it makes it past the first one, and once I select my country, it starts to do the second update. However, when it gets about 40-50% done, it freezes. I am using a linksys connection that is in my apt complex (it is not mine). I have tried resetting the wii, but it keeps going back to the second update screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!

chris242 said:
Hey you guys, I have a problem with getting my wii online. It is going through the updates, and it makes it past the first one, and once I select my country, it starts to do the second update. However, when it gets about 40-50% done, it freezes. I am using a linksys connection that is in my apt complex (it is not mine). I have tried resetting the wii, but it keeps going back to the second update screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Maybe try to get the admin of the router to change wireless channels, or verify that your Wii is getting a decent strength and that you aren't operating a microwave or stuff of that sort while its in progress.

ok, thanks, i'll try that. Also, i just want to know how to get it off the update loop. No matter what i try, i can't get it off the loop of updating, and I just want to play the darn thing. I'll deal with the internet another day. Does anyone know how to get it off the loop? I've tried resetting it, and it just goes back to the select country screen.

Back