Wii Update - No MP3! Help

CodenameC

Wii + DS Phat Owner
Dec 28, 2007
I have recently discovered how to update my wii and i have found out that if i update my wii to the most recent update i loose mp3 in the photo channel and i have to convert all my files to .aac

What i want to know is, if i update my wii is there anyway i can return mp3 compatibility but keep all the other updated stuff, like usb keyboards?

I also read somewhere that if you delete the photo channel from the channel list it returns to the first setting with mp3 compatibility. How would i do this?

It's not a firmware update that causes the photo channel to lose its mp3 playing functionality (which is completely stupid, I agree - who actually uses AAC format for anything other than downloads from iTunes?), it's an update to the photo channel itself, which is separate. Just update your Wii's firmware to the latest version, the photo channel will stay as it is now unless you go onto the Wii shop channel and download the newer version (which is no different from the old one apart from the change of supported sound format).

If you still want to use MP3's
Go into the Wii Data settings and delete the Photo Channel. It will change back to the version with MP3 playback :)
Don't delete the channel if you aint updated it though lol

i just got my wii and it automatically updated to the photo channel 1.1 ... is there anyway to downgrade because the photo channel doesnt show up under my channels

hotsammysl said:
i just got my wii and it automatically updated to the photo channel 1.1 ... is there anyway to downgrade because the photo channel doesnt show up under my channels
All Wiis manufactured after a certain date have the newer photo channel instead of the older one, and they can't be reverted back. If you just got your Wii, you probably have one of those. Sorry :(

Back