Wii Updates

b1u3-wii

B1U3
Jun 4, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
6835-1799-8209-8322
I hope everyone is enjoying their Wii updates.

Clock
News Channel
Mail
LED light eject/insert

Isn't Nintendo wicked!!

Plus the new Shop Channel look!

Now you can see things on the news channel on the wii menu.. there are images on the forecast channel like a sun or cloud depending on ur weather which means not having to go in that either. You have a clock now. You can organize ur addressbook.. the mail is now white and when u get a message ur wii beeps and glows. the light comes on when u insert and eject a disc. there is a warning message before updating for people who MOD.. That's about is can't remember everything lol

yeah.. it's true.. I'm happy about the led though.. it's so beautiful!

I was just about to go to bed, I turn my lights off and I see glowing blue in the corner of my eye lol I thought it was a pointless message from my cousin but no, an update....I wish it were a better update to keep me up...

LilWiiWii said:
I was just about to go to bed, I turn my lights off and I see glowing blue in the corner of my eye lol I thought it was a pointless message from my cousin but no, an update....I wish it were a better update to keep me up...
You got the message for the update already? I never get them until a day or two after it is released.

I didn't even get the message, I just saw that there was one on here so I updated it manually and it worked!

Yeah, I'm not sure when I got it though could have been hours ago. Btw..Mail is like instant now

The message says

An update for the wii menu is now available.

To continue using features within the wii menu (such as the news channel) please press the update button at the bottom right and update your wii console.

Some of the features include:
--Highlights of the latest weather and news can now be seen from the wii menu

--New search options have been added to the wii shop channel

Thank you for updating your Wii

It doesn't mention anything about the LED but it sure does glow. I played with it for a few minutes. It also doesn't mention anything about the time being shown but yeah, its there.

The only critism that i have is that i think the Clock is tad bulky, personally i prefer a 12 digital clock or an anologe clock face. Anyway nothing that drastic, all in all a great update, keep 'em coming

took forever, but i got it. shop channel now has a much better home screen, better sorting, and its much more accessible.

btw, if your internet doesnt work after the update, check your settings, it mightve reset it to the 1 connection, not the one you were last using.

Back