Wii Updates

i was gonna try it myself, too bad i don't have an USB keyboard either...
if someone would kindly try it, and let us know...
then i guess we will find out..
thanks~

Meh, I suppose I will take time out of my hectic day to try this out just to please you people *cough*

I'll edit in a few minutes.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Meh, I suppose I will take time out of my hectic day to try this out just to please you people *cough*

I'll edit in a few minutes.

awww.. that is so nice of u, thank u! :smilewinkgrin:

Wii can use USB keyboards now! Only for Shop Channel & Writing Notes. Unfortunately the internet channel isn't compatible yet.. But hopefully soon!

Hmm interesting.

Meh, I just unplugged my keyboard to find out that it isnt usb. Its some crazy circular shape...:scared:

paintba||er said:
All of you people worrying about updating your modded Wii, it will be fine. Nintendo has no way to detect the chip.

They could still make changes to the system OS that would make the mod chips no longer compatible. However, mod chips could probably updated as well to work with the new software if that was ever to happen.

bonodo said:
WRONG! there's a thing about contacting people just added

You're right, I missed that part.
Although they have shown that message up about parental controls with all the previous updates even when they were not changed.

Skippy said:
They could still make changes to the system OS that would make the mod chips no longer compatible. However, mod chips could probably updated as well to work with the new software if that was ever to happen.
How? All the modchip does is insert some code into what the DVD drive is sending to the Wii. It is pretty much undetectable and there isn't really much that can be done to stop them from functioning on existing Wiis.

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Your USB keyboard will WORK with your Wii

I just tried it and yea it is sooo much better..

ENJOY

REP ME if it was helpful

I just tried a old Logitech media keyboard I had lying around and it worked. Question is though why would they not officially announce something this big? They must relise this would make allot of people happy.

morikaweb said:
I just tried a old Logitech media keyboard I had lying around and it worked. Question is though why would they not officially announce something this big? They must relise this would make allot of people happy.
WHAT! my dell one dosent:(

EDIT: never mind, i only tried it on internet channel (they should have it on that too) but it actually worked

Last edited:
bonodo said:
WHAT! my dell one dosent:(

Probably because its a dell. Company's like that love to screw around with standards. Try a standard store bought keyboard like a Logitech. You should be able to get a plain one for under $20 CND.

Back