Wii U's new contender: Ouya Android console

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi, this console has praised enormous success in kickstarter.com. Why this happened?, well this is due high expectations for gamers to a OPEN-SOURCE video game console. What that means?. It means that the developers and publishers will have total control over their creations (games), and it also support On-Live cloud service, it has fully integrated the Android iOS and the 4G network like any smartphone. This is for sure the best example of what is called "cloud-gaming", with lower game prices and a huge variety of games for every one. As I said, this not only represent a threat to Wii-U but also the other next-gen consoles or whatever are called.

What you think?...

Hello, here are some console pics:

Ouya.jpg

Ouya1.jpg

Ouya2.jpg

What you think about the console design?

Last edited:
Yep, I've read all 'bout this thing. Truly interestin'.

Is the OUYA a threat itself to the Wii U? Unless the Wii U fails my expectations radically, no, absolutely not. The concepts that the OUYA have been built on, however? Abso-****in'-lutely. The OUYA is half the price of a bloody Wii. Games will also be cheaper. It's completely open source and easy to mod 'n hack. It's wallet friendly, user friendly, hacker friendly. There's a reason why Square has actually partnered up to bring FF3 to the OUYA.

The OUYA has a shitton of support on the 'net. It ain't mainstream in the media yet, but I'm not even sure it needs t' be to sell successfully at this point. Hell, since they're cheap in comparison to EVERY other game system I damn-well might get one if both Sony and Microsoft's next gen consoles turn out to be utter ****, as is currently bein' speculated.

It's certainly a step in the right direction to evolve gaming, in a way.

Where as I dont like the WiiU, the Ouya (Pronounced OHHHH YEAHHHH! In Machomans voice RIP)has more promise to me.

If I had £99 laying round it would be a day one buy, the WiiU has yet to spark any interest in my mind

The Ouya is more a Steam based "console" it isn't gonna play discs at all. Having less features the current consoles.

Digital gaming is the future, bro. Cartridges phased out into discs. Discs are gonna phase out into downloadable.

Sounds like that rumored steam console that turned out to be fake. Like all consoles, does this have any games? Nintendo succeeds through it's games. 360 has a built fanbase over Halo which turned into the CoD fanbase. PS3 has.... no games.

^Its Android powerd, games do need to be ported to it for them to work, but so far Squaresoft and up for it and Namco are tempted
The Ouya is more a Steam based "console" it isn't gonna play discs at all. Having less features the current consoles.
And yet with all the funding its gotten people want it, it seems that there is a market for a open source console. People are starting to get fed up with the same old copy paste machines and copy paste games.
At the end of the day its a $99 PC thats made for games, ok it has cancer (Onlive), but that can be cured

A $99 PC probably wont run what that one dose

Call me a Tig ol'Bit if you want, but I like discs more then downloadable. Just cause it's good to have a game, instead of a download which could refer to lags and stuff. And imagine what they will ask for does downloads, maybe they're gonna ask per month or worse.... as in "Your ass is served, sir. And there is no way back, soooo you're screwed.".

That's true. There's one going around that Valve is composed completely of trolls. That would actually explain their problem with 3 and some of their TF2 decisons, particularly weapon balance.

We all prefer the realy thing, but the next gen is going to have more download only things, so id rather have them so I can back them up

Back