Wii usage for handicapped

shajarat

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
hoping I might get some feedback from folks on what titles and how fun a wii would be for someone that has extremely limited movement of their left hand, my wife had a stroke a few years back and she can move her left arm and hold something in her hand and move it around with the arm, but any kinda button clicking would be out of the question.

I had heard that a game like trama center would work for her but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this..

thanks much!

I was pretty well under the impression that the ps3/360 would be worse off since those controllers are sort of combined affair with lots of two handed action...

thanks though

super monkey ball 1 player you tilt the wiimote to move the monkey and also use the a button to jump no nunchuck

Wii Tennnis, Wii Bowling, Wii golf would work with one hand...

I've played Warioware Smooth moves with one hand and that works alright... but it's not perfect. I think Super Monkey Ball would be about the same way.

Can someone add to this list?

I'm not sure if your wife would really enjoy some of these games though...

paintba||er said:
Well she could play the games that just use Wiimote but since there aren't many that do I would recommend just getting her a PS3/360.
WTF?

Hmm, well, Wii tennis would work...I honestly can't see any other way of her playing the Wii.

Condolences go to your wife. :(

I would recommend Find Mii.
Minimal hand movement and would help coordination and minimal button pressing - i think you can use the trigger instead.

There's actually a lot of them....

Only the left hand? can she move her right hand at all? Lots of racing games and such only use the gas button.... Hm..... if she can move the rest of her body WarioWare? Bowling only uses 1 button... Baseball can use none.

yes, it is just the left hand that is not functional, the arm basically works for motor control and the right hand is just fine...I have given the wii some thought off and on as something entertaining that she could game around with...

I think I'll see about one of those demo places and see what she thinks...thanks for the help folks :)

Wing Island i believe uses only one hand and you hold it like a paper airplane, its not out yet though
wii sports comes with the wii which would provide her with wii tennis and bowling! i bet bowling would be hard without use of the left arm and this could give her a chance to do it again!

shajarat said:
yes, it is just the left hand that is not functional, the arm basically works for motor control and the right hand is just fine...I have given the wii some thought off and on as something entertaining that she could game around with...

I think I'll see about one of those demo places and see what she thinks...thanks for the help folks :)

Oh, there's nothing to worry about then (unless she is left-handed.) There are many games that don't use the nunchuck. Only minimal button pressing too.

Back