Wii VC Hacked

Don`t buy it if you can take it.
If you cant protect it you wont keep it.

Peoples are killing each other for the color of their skin, and some guys in her cant believe way some peoples would download roms and not buy them.....

People cheating Nintendo out of the games will probably just be the end of VC, i doubt Nintendo would care a whole load. Since its only a small small % of the wii profit, and probably less if idiots go around rom'n it.

Oas said:
Don`t buy it if you can take it.
If you cant protect it you wont keep it.

Peoples are killing each other for the color of their skin, and some guys in her cant believe way some peoples would download roms and not buy them.....

Good point.

iplaywii said:
So I bought Super Mario 64 from the virtual console and was playing with the data management on my Wii. All I have to do is "copy" Super Mario 64 from my Wii to an SD card and I could upload it to the internet to all you guys to have for "free". Then all you would have to do is take the file, put it on your SD card, and load it into your Wii.

My point is... how long is it gonna be before a website is having all the virtual console games for free download!!! I figured Nintendo would have thought of this one!

Nice try 1st this would be illegal !

second try it it wont work when you purchase a VC title its coded to your System. that means you can copy it and upload it till your blue in the face no one else can play it on their machine only yours.

oh and by the way Nintendo already thought of it thats why the coding on the VC titles.

Bulldogxx831 said:
A lot of us are dedicated Nintendo fans. This is just Nintendo being greedy ***holes I personally have most of the games that I see for sale. It is stupid for them to try to sell games on a different machine. Look at it this way I sell you an unlimited lemonade pass where the lemonade goes in plastic cups for 25 cents. Then I offer you another pass for 15 cents after you bought the first pass where the lemonade is in glass cups.

This may not make sense to you but this is how I see it.

if you already own the games DONT buy them again then thats like buying something then pawning it off for cash then having to buy back it may be a waste to some but not every kept their NES/SNES/Genesis/TG-16 so to them 5-10 bucks to play some of their old favs is worth it.

Nintendo is not being greedy they are a Business all businesses are in business becssue they want to provide a product and make money doing it.

we all have to stop debating that VC titles are/are not a waste of money its a no win debate since some will find value in purchasing/repurchasing the titles and some will not.

just because there is Mc Donalds everywhere does not not mean I have to eat there. see my point?

also people complaining about "having to repay for a title they have owned in the past" dont repay if you already have it. when you pay for software you are not buying it to own so you can't say you already own it because you dont.

The money paid for the software is for the right to USE it not own it. The original software developer OWNS it.

say i buy Call of Duty 3 on Wii (which i did) does that mean I can bring in my reciept and get call of duty for PS3 and PC for free too???

No of course not. when you pay for the right to use it, it is for that particular version ONLY.

Jusat becuase you paid Super Mario Bros for NES like 23 years ago does that mean you can play it in any form released since and any time in the future? NO

it fine to say which VC titles you like/Dont Like and what you like about the VC system Nintendo chose to use or don't but for crying out loud can we stop the bickering about "I already bought it" or "VC titles cost too much"

-that's my rant

no offense was meant in the writing of this post and all content herein is owned by intellectual property owner Nyk0n and cannot be used without his expressed written conscent trademark Nyk0n 2007 NOT !​

*sigh* your reference, for piracy, comes from the piracy page of a gigantic software producer that has been taken to court for illegal practices more times than enron, have you ever heard the word bias?
That single point alone writes you off as an idiot to me, even if it weren't for the 8 or so confusingly bad posts beforehand.
I will admit I've made a mistake here, I usually have a rule that says not to argue with those unable to interpret or contribute to rational discourse, obviously I've broken that rule and paid the price by having to try and discern some sense from your trollop.
I'll reiterate for those coming in late to the thread that I never expressly nor implicitly said that piracy is not wrong, I in fact explained to a few people why the VC software is not the same as emulators and therefore being forced to pay is not a symptom of nintendo being greedy.

Anyway, feel free to go nuts with your ridiculous comparisons and your barely comprehensible arguments from here on in, as "ignore the idiot" is now in effect. :)

nyk0n said:
if you already own the games DONT buy them again then thats like buying something then pawning it off for cash then having to buy back it may be a waste to some but not every kept their NES/SNES/Genesis/TG-16 so to them 5-10 bucks to play some of their old favs is worth it.

Nintendo is not being greedy they are a Business all businesses are in business becssue they want to provide a product and make money doing it.

we all have to stop debating that VC titles are/are not a waste of money its a no win debate since some will find value in purchasing/repurchasing the titles and some will not.

just because there is Mc Donalds everywhere does not not mean I have to eat there. see my point?

also people complaining about "having to repay for a title they have owned in the past" dont repay if you already have it. when you pay for software you are not buying it to own so you can't say you already own it because you dont.

The money paid for the software is for the right to USE it not own it. The original software developer OWNS it.

say i buy Call of Duty 3 on Wii (which i did) does that mean I can bring in my reciept and get call of duty for PS3 and PC for free too???

No of course not. when you pay for the right to use it, it is for that particular version ONLY.

Jusat becuase you paid Super Mario Bros for NES like 23 years ago does that mean you can play it in any form released since and any time in the future? NO

it fine to say which VC titles you like/Dont Like and what you like about the VC system Nintendo chose to use or don't but for crying out loud can we stop the bickering about "I already bought it" or "VC titles cost too much"

-that's my rant

no offense was meant in the writing of this post and all content herein is owned by intellectual property owner Nyk0n and cannot be used without his expressed written conscent trademark Nyk0n 2007 NOT !​

Actually it is a very valid argument in this particular case. You see using your example, the ps3 version of cod3 is different from the wii version and 360 version. No I don't mean levels, detail and control differences, I mean it's different code.

VC games are the original roms running on an emulator so if you bought smb back in 85 and still have it then you are paying 5 bucks to buy the exact same title you have a valid liscense for, again.

People who don't think nintendo's prices are a little steep either have too much money on their hands (send me some) or are uber nintendo fanboys, beyond the normal fanboyism. So hardcore a fanboy that they still think the virtual boy was a good idea and that nintendo can do no wrong.

Look at other classics collections offered on other systems through the years that also ran emulated games. Namco classics had like 10 games on it, for 20 bucks. That means the games averaged out to 2 bucks a game, half of what nintendo is charging for the nes titles. That is on the high end of the spectrum too, most of these compilation discs have many more titles included and the price per game averages out to 1 dollar or less.

Hell metal slug anthology has 7 games on it and it only costs 40 bucks. That's 5 bucks per title and these games are well beyond anything offered on the vc currently in terms of graphics and sheer size, with metal slug 6 just being released a couple of years ago.

I'm sick and tired of people saying how hacking the VC will rip nintendo off, when they are the one's ripping us off. On top of that people who are willing to hack the vc weren't willing to pay for the games anyway, so nintendo loses a total of 0 dollars. Do a little research on piracy vs sales why don't cha. In any format, not just games, piracy actually boosts sales, because most people are fairly honest and if they try a game and really like it, they'll end up paying for it.

(p.s. I signed up just to respond to this. Too many of these "holier than thou" posts floating around to ignore.)

If someone finds a way to get me free games (VC) I'll do it, its the least I can do for Nintendo making the Wii Region locked and not letting me get the Bleach and One Piece game.

I like your style jerroddragon :p although hopefuly we do see a bleach game, im pretty shure we will definatly get a one piece game though.

Canumbler said:
*sigh* your reference, for piracy, comes from the piracy page of a gigantic software producer that has been taken to court for illegal practices more times than enron, have you ever heard the word bias?
That single point alone writes you off as an idiot to me, even if it weren't for the 8 or so confusingly bad posts beforehand.
I will admit I've made a mistake here, I usually have a rule that says not to argue with those unable to interpret or contribute to rational discourse, obviously I've broken that rule and paid the price by having to try and discern some sense from your trollop.
I'll reiterate for those coming in late to the thread that I never expressly nor implicitly said that piracy is not wrong, I in fact explained to a few people why the VC software is not the same as emulators and therefore being forced to pay is not a symptom of nintendo being greedy.

Anyway, feel free to go nuts with your ridiculous comparisons and your barely comprehensible arguments from here on in, as "ignore the idiot" is now in effect. :)

Sorry but there are 3 links, one which points to microsoft. The other points to an online encyclopedia and the other [if you read] provides proof of how the courts see piracy and how the man went to prison for piracy because it is illegal. You sir are the prime example of a person so ignorant that they can't sort fact from fiction. You constantly fill the thread with pointless statements that I have trumped everytime. Now your choosing to ignore because you can't take the heat anymore. :D

3mpathy said:
I like your style jerroddragon :p although hopefuly we do see a bleach game, im pretty shure we will definatly get a one piece game though.
not in America since 4kids has the rights to One Piece but has stopped Dubbing the Episodes, I bet we never see the One Peice Adventure game hit America. Which sucks because that looks like a great game.

Umm you guys do realize that if you want to hack the virtual console it is ridiculously hard adn near impossible but on hte otehr hand if oyu want to load your own emulator and roms from your sd card its the easiest thing in the world right? It's a nifty little trick and very old i might add called SDLoad now quit being noobs and eitehr pay for the games and support nintendo or load your own roms adn quit trying to steal the vc games...

Sorry, I've been away for a while doing other cr*p.

Marq08 said:
load your own roms adn quit trying to steal the vc games...

Just to re-cap
It started out as a debate re: downloading copyrighted software, went into stealing = rape, stopped off with a statement about stealing = 5 years imprisonment and rape = 5 years imprisonment (therefore, both equal), and seems to have now ended with a one sided game.

I think there's only been one or two posts that have actually implied that those Members are ok with downloading copies (whether or not is just unknown; the majority aren't bothered). The rest of us have said that it's not something we'd do, and also that we don't agree with it. But, somehow it's turned into 8 pages of blurb... :frown2:

Never mind, eh?!
--------------------------------

acphydro said:
tend to take matters too personal at least from the forum's point of view

Hmmm.... (_!_) Do you know how bothered I am?

You see, from very early on in this thread it became obvious that debating must be the only excitement you are allowed each day. If you debate too much, then you could be labelled a Mass Debater, perhaps. :ihih: I don't know, but maybe you should spend some time around other people?

Taking matters too personal? Actually no. You're just very good at provoking. I am very good at being wound up, and I am also very good at stepping back from it all and taking in the grand view.

No, you are very good at creating and holding debate. Problem is, though, that you're getting the backs up of a few people. After a while that number will grow more and more.

Anyway,
acphydro said:
"Re-arranging your statement in that you have no NEED to hack a VC game, when in fact you had originally stated that you were going to keep hacking *a VC game* until you cracked it.... pffft!"
...do you know, I was actually wrong on that.!?

Do you also know, that I really couldn't give a cr*p.

And, besides... winding people up on t'other side of the world is one of the very first things the majority do (mostly as children, and mostly from new computers) when they get onto the internet.

BTW... Just a thought, and I think you have stopped now (recently), but should you do it again... for future reference, remember Forum Members (regardless of which Forum you're a Member of) don't take too lightly at Double Posting. Perhaps you may wish to spend a while debating this with someone, eh?

Boomshanka! :smilewinkgrin:

PS. Oh, yeah... Pffft!

Last edited:
Back