Wii Version of Madden NFL 10 Selling Poorly

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Wii owners are not feeling the love for Madden 10.

It's certainly no surprise that EA's newest Madden release Madden NFL 10 is selling like hotcakes at retail, but it seems this sales success doesn't include the Nintendo Wii version of the game. Although the game has sold nearly 2 million copies since its launch two weeks ago, the Wii version of the game has only sold a mere 67,000 copies to date.

It seems EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich thinks that it's last year's Wii version of Madden NFL 2009 All-Play's fault for the poor sales, stating "I believe many diehard Madden fans, who transitioned from the Playstation 2 to the Wii, made their yearly Madden purchase in 2008 and realized that the Wii could not offer the same experience they have grown accustomed to (online play, realistic graphics, in-depth team management)."

Of course it's also been speculated that some of the blame can also be laid off on the Nintendo Wii console's unique motion control system as well, since so many Madden fans have grown used to playing the games using a more traditional gamepad controller.

No matter what the actual reason is, this can't be good news for EA, who make a lot of their revenue from the legendary football video game series. Perhaps EA should offer both the new motion controls, as well as a more traditional control system, for those who'd rather make use of it. It certainly couldn't hurt at this point. We'd love to hear what you think about the whole thing.

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/wii_version_of_madden_nfl_10_selling_poorly

I expected this sales, Madden was a good game until 2008, but EA in a nonsense, change the franchise of the Wii for a POORLY KIDDY GAME, that's it!!
Then I think the same will happen with Fifa2010 and Need for Speed Nitro, why?. Becose the developers try to apart the Wii versions from the HD counterparts, THIS IS THE WRONG WAY EA. I think Mr. Richicello IT'S TIME TO CUT SOME HEADS ESPECIALLY THE Mr. MOORE'S HEAD, becose he DESTROYED MISERABLY THESE FRANCHISES ON THE Wii...

If you want these franchises gain sucess in the future, apply the WINNER FORMULA:

Make these games as close posible to the xbox360/ps3 versions in graphics and all features and the most important thing TAKE ABSOLUTE ADVANTAGE OF THE MOTION CONTROLS with new gameplay mechanics as titles like PES08 did and include motion plus support on all these games.
Asking himself: Why Tiger Woods 2010 Wii OUTSELL THE COMPETITON?
Becose this title follows the winner formula, has graphics as close the xbox360/ps3 versions, FAR BETTER CONTROLS and all modes & features.
This rule can not only be applied to sports games, also HARDCORE games. Brutal Legends, Dante Inferno anyone?

Take note Mr. Richicello...

Last edited:
What do you expect?
The dumb Americans have clocked on to EAs sceam almost 15 years after they started

Hmm, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy Madden '09 for the Wii. I use advanced controls, and find it quite a lot of fun. Still, it sounds like EA blew Madden '10, so for that I'm glad I didn't get the newest version...

Yeah heat, I'm with you. I prefer '09 out of the bunch, but '10 wasn't all that bad. I'm sorry to hear that '10 is selling poorly, but maybe this will be a wake-up call for EA so they can start putting in more features in the Wii version.

They Make the Madden games for the wii way to damn complex

Thats why it sells like crap, it's no fun

They Make the Madden games for the wii way to damn complex

Thats why it sells like crap, it's no fun

That's pretty funny, since most complaints about the Wii version are that it's too simple and 'family-friendly.' :burgerking:

i honeslty liked madden 08 on wii, skipped madden 09 this year on both wii and ps3, but i played madden 10 and HATED it, not just the graphics and presenation, the game all together was poor. and really dissapointed they made tiger woods 10 with motion plus (best EA sports game to this year imo) and not madden, their key game of the year ,maybe next to sims 3, didnt understand that

Back