Wii Vertical Stand???

ibopm

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
So I just bought my Wii, and after letting my father try it he admitted that it was indeed pretty good (he had previously stated that Nintendo should go bankrupt, when I told him I was buying it[since im a uni student]).

Anyways, after playing, he saw the Wii on the vertical stand that came with it, but it was placed sort of near the edge of a table. And he asked why not put it down on its side? I replied "I don't know, everyone just had it up".

Is there any benefit from putting the Wii vertically other than make it look cooler? Because it makes a lot more sense for reasons of safety that it lies on its side.

Thermal conductivity of the wooden shelf is better than that of the plastic? And the only vent is still in a good spot. Also, the Wii seems to be pretty cool even after many hours of play.

Standing it up saves space!

But really the only reason to turn it on it's side is if you are having over heating problems (the intake is on the bottom, when on the stand), or if you are putting it in a place where there is no room, or it's not convenient to have it standing (when traveling for example). The stand, with the support is a pretty darn stable platform.

Also, in case you didn't know, a clear plastic circle should've came in the Wii box. You can put that under the vertical stand for a little more stability if you're worried about it.

Just don't rotate it when the game disks are in.

I leave mine "flat", it sits nicely with my DVD, VCR and SAT Decoder that way.

There is talk about the upright stand restricting the airflow from the cooling fan, but I'm sure Nintendo were happy with the design before releasing it.

Incidentally, if you want your Wii to run (quite a lot) cooler, network it using ethernet rather than wireless. I don't know why it doesn't get as hot, it just doesn't.

My TV stand isnt all that tall, so i just leave my Wii lying down. It does seem to get a little warmer, but thats about all.

i looks 10X cooler (lol i made a pun, ya thats right, it goes both ways like a ...lol)
also i add, if ur going to move ur wii take the disks out, leaving them in will its off/standby is ok thow

Back