Wii VGA/DVI adapter?

steiner666

WiiChat Member
Sep 10, 2006
Hey everyone!

I've always been a PC gamers, and i've only ever really owned consoles like the DC and xbox because they both had (third party) VGA adapters available so that I could hook them up to my monitor and play in higher resolution.

I really want to get a Wii (of course), and i'm wondering if anyones heard anything about whether or not there will be such adapters for it.

I know there's always the cheap ones that just convert that rca signal to vga and its all blurry and stuff, and they work on anything, but i dont want those. I have a 24" widescreen LCD (1920x1200) that i'd like to make use of for gaming rather than my little old tv.

thanks!

Yeah, I actually emailed Nintendo with this exact question and here's exactly what they said:
The specs I have for Wii indicate that it will have one multi-out port for component, composite, or S-video. If your computer monitor accepts one of these inputs, you should be able to use your computer monitor as the Wii display. Another option is to install a video capture card in your computer. However, the video capture cards often introduce delays with can negatively impact the playability of video games using that method. Most people will have the best results in using Wii with a TV display.

Nintendo of America Inc.

So, if your monitor has any of those inputs (composite, s-video, or component) then you can connect it that way. I was really hoping there would be a VGA or DVI port because Wii is so small and would be great for LAN parties.

We discussed this topic quite a bit in this thread.

Hope that helped.

Last edited:
Thank. bad news, but thanks anyways! I guess i'll just hope for a 3rd party VGA adapter box like the one for xbox. I know some people made adapters for the Gamecube out of the nintendo composite video cable and a monitor cable with some splicing i'm assuming. But they only worked on the progressive scan games and I heard there was some halo-ing/bleeding around the edges of colorful stuff sometimes... maybe i'll just buy a different monitor.

anyways thanks a lot.

Back