Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii VGA/DVI adapter?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by steiner666, Sep 10, 2006.

1. steiner666

steiner666 WiiChat Member

Hey everyone!

I've always been a PC gamers, and i've only ever really owned consoles like the DC and xbox because they both had (third party) VGA adapters available so that I could hook them up to my monitor and play in higher resolution.

I really want to get a Wii (of course), and i'm wondering if anyones heard anything about whether or not there will be such adapters for it.

I know there's always the cheap ones that just convert that rca signal to vga and its all blurry and stuff, and they work on anything, but i dont want those. I have a 24" widescreen LCD (1920x1200) that i'd like to make use of for gaming rather than my little old tv.

thanks!

2. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Pondering Member

Wii Friend Code: 4054-9249-4284-3802
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Yeah, I actually emailed Nintendo with this exact question and here's exactly what they said:
    So, if your monitor has any of those inputs (composite, s-video, or component) then you can connect it that way. I was really hoping there would be a VGA or DVI port because Wii is so small and would be great for LAN parties.

We discussed this topic quite a bit in this thread.

Hope that helped.

#2 NateTheGreat, Sep 10, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  3. steiner666

steiner666 WiiChat Member

Thank. bad news, but thanks anyways! I guess i'll just hope for a 3rd party VGA adapter box like the one for xbox. I know some people made adapters for the Gamecube out of the nintendo composite video cable and a monitor cable with some splicing i'm assuming. But they only worked on the progressive scan games and I heard there was some halo-ing/bleeding around the edges of colorful stuff sometimes... maybe i'll just buy a different monitor.

anyways thanks a lot.