Wii video component question

rare177

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
i have a tv that has a video component but it's not RGB, it's Y Cr Cb, will the Wii component cord work with this and will it be any better than the standard AV cords if so?

thanks.

those two terms are interchangeable

rgb stands for red,green,blue which is a slang term.
It will be an upgrade. Get it, set it, and forget it!

well the two actually work different, RGB works by displaying a mix of red green and blue, where as Y Cr Cb works by brightness and two colours, which the brightness is Y and the other two are red and blue, i thought it would work with Y Cr Cb because most things work with both, but you never know, just thought i would ask

rare177 said:
well the two actually work different, RGB works by displaying a mix of red green and blue, where as Y Cr Cb works by brightness and two colours, which the brightness is Y and the other two are red and blue, i thought it would work with Y Cr Cb because most things work with both, but you never know, just thought i would ask

I stand corrected but I always stick it in that jack. I have no other place to put that input into the back of my tv.

I played with that ball of shapes when I was a kid. I learn good. :smilewinkgrin:

do you find a much higher increase in graphics over a normal av plug? i was thinking along the lines of the zelda game as for the difference in graphics, seeing as thats the game im getting when my Wii gets in

Its not like its OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING type of better, but there is a definately an increase in clarity.

I would recommend getting it. Unless of course you are really cash strapped, then I'd say don't bother.

thanks, no point spending all that money if you cant have it at its best, so ill be getting it

You can get a component cable for $20 from Madkatz. Just wondering, the Component cables consist of green, blue, red, white, etc. (like 5 cables) and you only said you had Y Cr and CB. That's 3 slots or am i missing something?

Back