Wii Video Interference

bobbyt

WiiChat Member
Apr 23, 2007
Camarillo, CA
Wii Online Code
6438-2509-1577-8230
For some reason recently I've been getting horible video interference on my Wii. It usually shows as either black or white spots which seem to group themselves & flicker off and on. At worst they form dark bars that appear to be vertical in layout.

I've tried checking for things around the unit to make sure something wasn't interfering with the video signal, and nothing I did seemed to make any difference. This only started recently. It happens on the main screens and in screens for both wii sports & rayman. The most noticable time is when hitting a ball in Wii sports baseball, the blue sky has really bad dark bars comprised of black spots all over the screen.

Some screens show now interference at the same time. For instance, when I start Wii sports and the screen is almost fully white, there is no interference. But the moment I get any type of color on the screen they seem to start to show.

For the life of me I can't figure out whats causing it...

Last edited:
Sounds like your graphics chip is failing, other have had similar problems. Call Nintendo and descrive your problem and they'll help you out.

SSBBFan101 said:
maybe ur av cords are chipped up, go buy new ones

Its not the AV cable, I did buy a new one...

Now is the worst time to send the wii in because MP3 just came out!!! :'(

Sounds like your GPU got cooked. Other people have also had this problem, apparently due to the WiiConnect24 being on when the console is powered off. The Wifi chips gets hot, and it sits right next to the GPU, causing it to overheat in a few cases. But yes, Nintendo will repair this for free.

I have just bought a WII and happily plug-in the console to my TV. Everything works fine but the display on my TV seems to be having some "snowy lines". It is quite obvious if it is viewed from near distance. My friend told me is due to the power adapter problem. I am using step-down converter to run my US version Wii in Malaysia (220V to 110V). Is that true?

Back