Wii Virtual console games up on mininova

loumicky2002

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Well they are up on mininova.org and other respectible torrent sites but as of yet I dont know how we can get them on our Wii's but these are a lot bigger than standard roms for example altered beast is 11.7MB but the megadrive rom of the game is only 300 kb and the 20 games in total are 239 mb (so dont go wasting your time with a measly 256 mb card cause it aint gonna last long if indeed sd cards will be the way to install these.) For anyone interested in filenames for zelda NES they are
tmd

hope some of you find this usefull.

Ps Im not a pirate before anyone starts as i havent even got my wii yet (HOPEFULLY WILL BE HERE FOR FRIDAY so i can have a drunken weekend on wii sports)but I do like to see what i can do with my expensive pieces of kit that the manufacturers never intended us to do.

Why are those filenames important? Doesn't one just need to DL the game and transfer to the Wii via SD card?

As far as I know the copy protection has not been broken yet...

So you can copy the games from your SD card and post them for all the world to download, but nobody else is going to be able to play them...

We'll see how long the DRM scheme holds up, but given that ipod games are still locked down (at least I think they are), Nintendo may be ok for a while...

Granted, I don't think cracking ipod games is nearly as attractive a goal for hackers as cracking VC games would be...

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating piracy in any way. If you want a VC game, buy it...

just thought

i wasnt saying that the filenames was important or that the games worked but was just telling people what the filenames was as they might have wanted them for cracking purposes or just trying to see if they run in a gamecube emulator.

Back