Wii Voicechat -- Howto

Wiinter

Audentes fortuna iuvat
Apr 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
8745-5143-2651-5351
Wii Voicechat -- Howto

The idea is to use a bluetooth headset on your PC while playing on your Wii. With online games like MOHH2, BWii, and maybe SSBB just around the corner, you may want to have organized teamplay, or just taunt your competitors. Free VOIP programs that will let you do this are listed and discussed at the link above.

Alternatively, if you have a laptop with wifi, you wouldn't even need a bluetooth headset to make it work. Just bring your laptop into the rec room, plug in a wired headset/mic, and go. It's not ideal, but I'll bet there will be people doing it so they don't have to lay out the dough on bluetooth.

Nice way of adding voice chat. But it can only work with people you know. But better this than nothing I gues

Aw, thought it was going to be using the Wii :/ You could to that with any game using the PC but i guess we'll have to deal

cyberzomby said:
Nice way of adding voice chat. But it can only work with people you know. But better this than nothing I gues

You don't have to know them in person--and the more people get setup, the fewer you have to know--because once someone gives you a server to connect to, you're connected to everyone else on that server, and maybe you never met but one of them.

I'm not yet clear on whether there will be any text chat option, say in the EA nation lobby of MOHH2, if there is, that can be another way to point regular teammates towards setup instructions.

I meant in a game. This only works with friend codes so you can e-mail the guy you know you want to use voice chat. With EA nation you will still need to PM him. ( I hope theres voice chat in there )

cyberzomby said:
I meant in a game. This only works with friend codes so you can e-mail the guy you know you want to use voice chat. With EA nation you will still need to PM him. ( I hope theres voice chat in there )

I'm hoping there will eventually be big communities that rise up so that all-voicechat games can be arranged before hand, but for right now, you're right.

Back