Wii vs GC graphics

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
The Nintendo Wii has had pretty bad graphics so far stuff like mortal combat spiderman and all those mini games and stuff have made people angry so im going to get to the point and make sure no one says "graphics dont matter cause gameplay does" well that doesn't mean they have to slack. Why is it that resident evil 4 for GC has better graphics than any game on the Wii? Zelda was good but not one game has had good graphics since then.

Which brings me to my next point. Everyone says Gameplay over Graphics but where is the gameplay! This is starting to make me angry that the gameplay hasn't really been that good. Zelda and excite truck were pretty good but what else? Everyone has complaints about every games controls. Spiderman gets old fast and games like SSX and Mortal Combat are hard to pick up and play.

And that brings me to my final point. Everyone says that the Wii is new so therefor they havn't gotten to its best capabilites but i still dont think thats a good enough excuse for a GC game to have better graphics than a wii game. The Wii should be just as easier for programmers to figure out.

AND IF YOUR GOING TO BE LAZY AND MAKE A GAME WITH BAD GRAPHICS DONT JUST TACK ON CRAPPY CONTROLS AND SAY IT HAS GAMEPLAY! wii is making me sick.

is it making you sick?
get some anti-biotics

seriously thoguh

the graphics can be better on the wii and i am hoping they will get good in the future

Give it some time yo, the wii just came out 6-7 months ago. all consoles take time reaching there potiental

Look dude, i'm not having a go but who gives a rats arse if graphics suck. Gameplay is what matters because the wii has shown many prospects with the control. Wario ware, sonic and the secret rings and exite truck are some of the better games that show this. And besides the wii has shown better graphics with mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, nights journey in to dreams and super smash bros. So please be another one of those idiots who say graphics is a huge priority.

Fox MattCloud said:
Look dude, i'm not having a go but who gives a rats arse if graphics suck. Gameplay is what matters because the wii has shown many prospects with the control. Wario ware, sonic and the secret rings and exite truck are some of the better games that show this. And besides the wii has shown better graphics with mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, nights journey in to dreams and super smash bros. So please be another one of those idiots who say graphics is a huge priority.

Wow. You can tell you read none of his post.

Good points. It is getting less entertaining. But my hopes are up for Metroid, Galaxy and SSBB.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Wow. You can tell you read none of his post.

Good points. It is getting less entertaining. But my hopes are up for Metroid, Galaxy and SSBB.

yes my hopes are also up for metroid, galaxy and ssbb, but the games themselves could suck. not that their going to, but i mean look at mario 64, yes it was released 10 years ago, but still its an amazing game to play today but the graphics don't look too sharp. and are people telling me that people wont download vc games cause the graphics suck, come on, be real.

True!!!

Battles said:
Give it some time yo, the wii just came out 6-7 months ago. all consoles take time reaching there potiental

Thank god someone realised this. PS2 when it first came out, the graphics sucked, gta3 for example, now look at games like ff12. the wii is bound to be the same. I agree entirely with you.

Zelda has both
Excite Truck has both
Godfather has both
Trauma Center has Both
Tiger Woods has both
Marvel has both

To me that is a good list of games that offer both Game play and Graphics

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
Zelda has both
Excite Truck has both
Godfather has both
Trauma Center has Both
Tiger Woods has both
Marvel has both

To me that is a good list of games that offer both Game play and Graphics

Excite truck was arcadey, i have no problem with that but yeah the gameplay is good.

Trauma centre does not have good gameplay

Tigerwoods can be hard to use sometimes

And cmon Marvel? i would say neither but thats my opinion.

And GTA3 was great graphics at the time and Amazing gameplay!

--------------Edit----------------------
Yeah godfather is a good game i must admit.

Ronald said:
And that brings me to my final point. Everyone says that the Wii is new so therefor they havn't gotten to its best capabilites but i still dont think thats a good enough excuse for a GC game to have better graphics than a wii game. The Wii should be just as easier for programmers to figure out.

it all really depends on the game. I bought Rainbow Six 3 and Metroid Prime 2 (both for GC) at gamestop one day, and when i got home, realized that Rainbow 6 looked like complete ASS, but metroid was beautiful! and both were made in the same year. So of course there are gonna be shitty looking games for the wii, and they're going to be more evident (being the underdog in graphics). I have complete faith that there will be some waaayyy better games to come for the wii.

look these graphics are not really that bad we have all just seen HD graphics and that makes improvements on the wii look like nothing. Go back and play your old computer games that you thought looked awesome at the time... they look horrible now. I know the wii is never going to look as sharp as the PS3 or 360 so dont expect it. i know that the wii has better graphics than the GC its just the difference is not huge yet and with time it will be a much bigger difference RE4 came out after 5 or 6 years of the GC's Life. Look at Luigis Mansion it does not look as good as RE 4 and thats because it was at the beggining of the GC's life.

Now this is directed at Ronald... did you play Trama Center because that game was awesome and had perfect controls... im sorry if you sucked at the game.

Now as for game play... Super Paper Mario, The God Father, Mario Party 8, Wario Ware Smooth moves, Metal Slug Anthology, Trama Center, SSX, and Red Steel ( once you got used to them). All have great controls and there are probably others thats just all that i have played.

Ronald said:
The Nintendo Wii has had pretty bad graphics so far stuff like mortal combat spiderman and all those mini games and stuff have made people angry so im going to get to the point and make sure no one says "graphics dont matter cause gameplay does" well that doesn't mean they have to slack. Why is it that resident evil 4 for GC has better graphics than any game on the Wii? Zelda was good but not one game has had good graphics since then.

Which brings me to my next point. Everyone says Gameplay over Graphics but where is the gameplay! This is starting to make me angry that the gameplay hasn't really been that good. Zelda and excite truck were pretty good but what else? Everyone has complaints about every games controls. Spiderman gets old fast and games like SSX and Mortal Combat are hard to pick up and play.

AND IF YOUR GOING TO BE LAZY AND MAKE A GAME WITH BAD GRAPHICS DONT JUST TACK ON CRAPPY CONTROLS AND SAY IT HAS GAMEPLAY! wii is making me sick.
Gameplay, i think matters much more than graphics but like you said, graphics for the wii are dissipointing. I mean come on, some games have graphics that are par with the ps2...:sick:

Back