Wii Vs PS3 vs Xbox306

SuperH said:
I have all three. These are advantages/disadvantages... to ME. They consider the highest models of all consoles (except the Wii, of course, which currently only has one model).

Wii Pros:
-Controller
-Game library -- fun and interesting
-Virtual console
-Slim, sleek design
-Full backward compatibility with GameCube games

Wii Cons:
-480p
-No multimedia features
-No online gaming (yet)
-No ethernet port onboard (out of the box). I don't like using WiFi more than I have to.
-Miis are really nice (they just need used more)

Xbox 360 Pros:
-Halo
-Xbox Live is well established
-HD graphics
-Limited backward compatibility, but things that are backward compatible are upconverted to HD
-DVD upconversion (over PC output or the upcoming HDMI)

Xbox 360 Cons:
-Small hard disk no matter what configuration
-Noisy fan
-No full backward compatibility
-Expensive to get "full potential" (such as the HD-DVD drive)
-Online gaming costs money

PS3 Pros:
-Sony game developers
-Wireless, rechargable controllers
-Bluetooth compatibility with a variety of devices (including keyboards/mice as of Firmware 1.6)
-Near-full backward compatibility (US version), ~75% with the UK version
-HDMI output
-Stunning, HD visuals
-Interfaces with the PSP
-Ability to install another operating system (like Linux) out of the box for a true multimedia experience
-Folding@Home is great for research
-Online gaming is free
-Some hardware is software upgradable (such as the BluRay drive with Firmware 1.6 -- it can now read burned BluRay discs).
-Playstation Home (upcoming)
-Gigabit ethernet AND WiFi onboard
-Unlimited memory cards for PS2 and PS1 games (as much room as there is HD space)
-Ability to save game and program data onto USB memory devices
-Can play back many formats, such as WMA (since firmware 1.6) and MP3
-BluRay playback out of the box

PS3 Cons:
-It's a bit expensive (but a good value if you use all the features)
-No HD upconversion (though Sony has stated they are adding it for movies (maybe games later, through software emulation -- currently rumored)

It may look like the PS3 has the most pros... It has the most pros, to me. It's not necessarily better (or worse).

A little about me, I am a gamer with a desire to use multimedia in any way possible - multimedia on video game consoles is a large advantage to me, and high definition is almost a requirement (the Wii is the only thing I have that isn't HD). To others, the list may be vastly different. I find myself using the PS3 the most, though.
thats a really overall great post
but i have to disagree with 2 things
Wiis pro: great library, should be moved over to 360
wiis library...blows...everyone knows it, nothing keeps you interested for to long (except for zelda which is also a gc game) people are waiting for mario/metriod/what not
360 has all the bit hit games already out

Hi, i own all 3 consoles, im not a fanboy and i havent read the replys in this thread! cbf!

ill just give my opinion

Wii
Pros:
- Good gameplay
- Classic games off the virtual console
- Motion sensing is fun for SOME games
- nice n slick console, white and nice design.
- very quiet, except when it does that reading disc thing, it makes a little click noise as if ur wiis gonna snap itself.

Cons:
- Poor internet connection via Wi-fi AND wireless (i have both)
- Motion sensing controller gets boring after a while for some people
- Poor graphics (compared to the others)
- Controllers drain the crap out of batteries, which i find can be quite costly, eventually u'll use enough batteries that u couldve bought a ps3 with.
- Seems like nintendo is making a lot of games for kids, which is pretty bad cause im not a kid anymore. but i still enjoy some of them
- Some games are really poorly made for the wiimotionsensing controller, IE some of the mini games on super monkey balls.
- Everytime a 2nd or 3rd etc player wants to play, u have to go to stupid remote settings and reconnect the controllers! it gets a bit annoyin for me after a while.

Pros:
- Massive online support because its been out for a year now
- Some great titles! e.g. gears of war.
- Graphics are very good on HDMI games! even comparable to the ps3 atm.
- Can play music while playing games... but my pcs next to me anyway :S
- Rumble in controller

Cons:
- Heavy and ugly console imo
- Complicated controller
- Still quite expensive after a year..
- i Clocked gears of war in 2 days.
- Internet connection is unstable and online play LAGS!
- U have to pay for online gaming subscription.
- FREAKING TOO LOUD! and alot of 360 owners have the overheating problem.

PS3
Pros:
- Console looks very nice
- Can play ps2 and ps1 games (depending which version u have)
- Motion sensing controller and its fairly light in weight
- Graphics are awesome, regardless whether u have a 1080p tv or not (i dont have one), unless u use a shitbox as a tv.
- Blu-ray
- Internet connection is fast and stable
- Online shop thingo
- Free online play
- Very quiet

Cons:
- A tad expensive, but as i said ur gonna end up using enough batteries on the wiimote to be able to afford a ps3 anyway.
- Quite a large console
- Have lost a few exclusive titles to 360
- Competing against Bill gates... i wouldn't want to be his competitor thats for sure.

Thats all from me, our of all 3 consoles i found that i became bored of the 360 the fastest. Wii gets pretty boring for me sometimes too, but its enjoyable when family or friends come over, a party-like console i guess.
PS3 is something u would probably enjoy most playing by urself, admire the graphics and cinematics, and show them off to ur friends i guess.

if i were to rate them it would be

1st: PS3
2nd: Wii
3rd: my computer
4th: going to work
5th: sitting in my chair scratching myself
6th: do something boring
7th: play the xbox 360

As i said im not a fanboy of any console these are just my opinions!

the price of the PS3 isnt such a high price if you do a little maths.
the ps3 with the 60gb hard drive is only about 10-20 more then a 360 would cost if it cam with a 60gb hardrive instead of the 20gb you get

quote:::A tad expensive, but as i said ur gonna end up using enough batteries on the wiimote to be able to afford a ps3 anyway.

well thats why you get the battery docking station to charge up batterys

wii is a allround winner!

hey iv got the wii, iv played both 360 and ps3 for hours on end with friends etc i can honestly say the wii kicks there buts, so what oooo big wow about the graphics with the ps3 n 360, the wii puts you in the game and the graphics arnt that bad at all, and for anyone who thinks they arnt that good get a component cable for only £20 which makes a big diffrence and puts the graphics HD.:smilewinkgrin: the truth is the wii just is the best all round, it looks the best aswell, who wants a big fat brick sitting next to your tv? wii is small and looks the best by far, one last thing, sony know how good the wii are and thats why they took the idea of turning the controller. what losers, couldnt think of nothing to put on there brick to try to beat the wii, and all people who think im wrong, ask your self this, why is the wii out sellin the other two consoles. UP THE WII!

Last edited:
Nfanboy said:
Pros: Wii

pretty much everything about it is amazing

Cons: Wii

NONE

Pros: 360

has HD, that's it

Cons: 360

expinsive
Live costs waaaaay too much
a lot more crap in it

Pros: PS3

NONE

Cons: PS3

Everything is messed up in it
And everything else about it

Wii is the winner, don't give me any crap, I know this is true!

Problem being.. u dont have a 360 or PS3, it various other posts you have said you wouldn't even bother buying them. :prrr:

Nfanboy - Exactly that, dont compare if your too infatuated with just the one.

Shiftfallout said:
Pros
Wii:
-Controller brings new style of gameplay to the table. Its simple and fun. If you enjoy simple and fun.
-Its main console is cheap, easy to assemble and a child could even figure out how to use it.
-Its happy and cheerful, light weight and definately has style.
-Can work with portable gaming system DS.
-Channel system that adds to its firmware.
-Miis are cute user made dolls which can be used in some games.

Cons
wii:
-The conroller prices are expensive when you have to get another remote+numchuck. The little accessories make up for the low console price.
-Worst graphical capabilities out of the others. Least advanced hardware short of the controller technology.
-Game selection leans more towards the rated G target audience.
-A large tv is usually a must due to the nature of the remote.

Pros
Xbox 360
-A solid game selection.
-Good online setup
-functions very well as a dvd player
-will have a newly added tivo function
-good hardware (gpu, cpu, hard drive)
-Price is good for the hardware inside.

Cons
Xbox 360
-Xbox live cost money
-Nothing innovative
-Supports HD but does not have an HD drive.
(a pretty solid system, nothing really new to offer, but also nothing really bad about it)

Pro
PS3
-The best and most expensive hardware setup of all the systems.
-Blue ray player and reader (blue ray holds up to 50 gigabytes per disc)
-Controller with basic motion sensoring, will have an added rumble feature later.
-Best Firmware out of all systems.
-Runs linux and has a large large mod community. Home brew, games, apps. Downloadable user made software.
-Runs like a computer. Feels like an open sourse console.
-HOME.
-Pleny of third party controllers and technology made for it.
-Backwards compatability.
-Works with PSP hand held gaming system.
-Potential for the greatest online setup.

Cons
PS3
-PRICE. the most expensive system on the market.
-Lack of great game selection, though depends on the user.
-Is fairly complicated for the average user.
- requires a nice tv to really enjoy.

This i believe is pretty accurate, they're all good. Although i'd like to add Cons for 360 and PS3, backwards compatibility. PAL PS3 has limited backwards compatibility for PS2 and PS games, 360 has some backwards compatibility issues too.

It really just comes down to what you preffer and your price range.

PS3 - Roles Royce
360 - Porche
Wii - Ford/Holden

Last edited:
retro_joe said:
This i believe is pretty accurate, they're all good. Although i'd like to add Cons for 360 and PS3, backwards compatibility. PAL PS3 has limited backwards compatibility for PS2 and PS games, 360 has some backwards compatibility issues too.

One of the interesting things about game emulation is that its fixable with software. Emulation is a tricky thing, they were able to do an amazing job with the PSP's ps1 emulation.

Anyways, its a temporary issue right now with backwards compatibiliy. The firmware will be updated with better emulation for the backwards compatability. If Sony doesnt do it fast enough, the mod community will. Due to the mod community, systems like the PSP can play just about any game from nes-n64, sega g/mastersystem, atari, mame.. neogeo, the works.

So yes, those cons do belong in the list. I think its safe to say they are definately temporary.

:cornut:

retro_joe said:
Problem being.. u dont have a 360 or PS3, it various other posts you have said you wouldn't even bother buying them. :prrr:

Nfanboy - Exactly that, dont compare if your too infatuated with just the one.

It really just comes down to what you preffer and your price range.

PS3 - Roles Royce
360 - Porche
Wii - Ford/Holden

Dam, if i could control a Ford/Holden with my mind or arms. They'd be selling like hotcakes no matter the price :p

I forgot most XBOX 360 games are older. Anyway old games are still fun, and maybe get a good deal on them.

PtonJalken said:
Dam, if i could control a Ford/Holden with my mind or arms. They'd be selling like hotcakes no matter the price :p
you DO control a car with your arms............

123jay321 said:
retro joe- you know im right, its the best and you know it.
I cant help it that people are cheap and buy a Wii, seriously, its all down to personal preference... i have all 3.. thus "Fully NextGen Enabled"

If you want good clean family fun.. get a Wii.. if you want REAL games, with wow and awe, get a PS3. I mean, i hate racing games, but i play GT HD for the viewing pleasure :)

Last edited:
Back