Wii w/Dial-up Connection

Spiraea

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Wii Online Code
6190-8629-4704-5295
Please don't flame as I'm not wanting to know if I can play online. I know that a dial-up connection ruins online playing for everyone including myself. All I want to be able to do is get the latest updates, use the Wii Channels, and get games from the Virtual Console. That's all.

So the question is.. Will I be able to use Nintendo's Wi-Fi USB Connector with my computer and 26.4kbps connection (yes I know it's horrible) to hook my Wii (when I get one) to the internet to do said things?

Thanks in advance.

Well would I get the same or around the same download speeds I get here on the computer? Because I honestly have no problem with that. I've lived with this connection for years and I've gotten used to it's slowness. Would I like fast internet? Sure, lol, but it's not going to happen where I live.

And from what I understand, the VC game files aren't that big. I've downloaded much bigger things before and I'm really probably only going to want some SNES games mostly.

Spiraea said:
Well would I get the same or around the same download speeds I get here on the computer? Because I honestly have no problem with that. I've lived with this connection for years and I've gotten used to it's slowness. Would I like fast internet? Sure, lol, but it's not going to happen where I live.

Do you live on top of a mountain? Mountain man?

lol no I just live out in the country away from any type of high speed other than via satellite and that's worthless and cost way too much.

If it makes you happy, yes. I live on a mountian and I have a goat named Billy. :prrr:

With all my heart. :yesnod: Now can we please get back on topic?

Wow, you have that kind of speed! I feel bad for you :( But I guess I can understand how you feel since I didn't even get DSL until last year and I had to fight for it.

But yeah, surely you can use it. But like someone said, it's going to be incredibly slow and dealing with the updating and stuff, I don't know how long that will even take for you.

Saku said:
Wow, you have that kind of speed! I feel bad for you :( But I guess I can understand how you feel since I didn't even get DSL until last year and I had to fight for it.

But yeah, surely you can use it. But like someone said, it's going to be incredibly slow and dealing with the updating and stuff, I don't know how long that will even take for you.

Was it a fight to the death? :devil:

Back