Wii Warm Up: Best Q1 Ever

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
We were recently sifting through the latest list of forthcoming Wii releases, when it struck us: for Wii owners, the opening three months of 2008 are looking surprisingly healthy. As anybody who is familiar with this industry will know, the first quarter of any given year is usually a drought for quality games, a period for wallets to gain some respite from the Christmas bombardment of releases.

Things seem different this year, however. We've already enjoyed No More Heroes (which, don't forget, you can win in our latest Fanswag) and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, and still have Baroque, Okami, Opoona, and Worms: A Space Oddity to come. Oh yeah, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Even though Mario Kart seems to have slipped to not-Q1, that's a tasty line-up for what is traditionally the quietest time of the year. Are you similarly impressed by this unexpected onslaught, or are we getting over-excited?

Source

Definitely! In the UK, we got Umbrella Chronicles which we played just after New years, then there's Tenkaichi 3 coming and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 coming both this February, and i keep hearing how good No more Heores and Zack & wiki are, i think i'm gonna have to get them too! Also i'm not keen on Mario Galaxy but i might have to get that too, in some cases it's been rated like 9.6 out of 10~!

What about you, "cantgetawii"

we can say, "good Q1" pft, we need a good overall year thats what we need

well the forecasts are looking promising!
we've got the standard ssbb, mario kart, some final fantasy game coming too!

Also there's a horror game coming too, where you have to take a pistuce with a camera to seal thier souls, still tbc though, but OMG man, OMG!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/previews.php

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178140

wo, ferrari challenge, that sounds sick!

i think that horror one,s called alone in the dark!
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=721

Last edited:
Very true article. Sadly I haven't heard about anything too great in Q4 or 3, possibly the Wii's downfall? I think they'll boost back up in the Christmas season though with all their hits from this year. I know I'm asking for a few games ;)

Singhson said:
Definitely! In the UK, we got Umbrella Chronicles which we played just after New years, then there's Tenkaichi 3 coming and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 coming both this February, and i keep hearing how good No more Heores and Zack & wiki are, i think i'm gonna have to get them too! Also i'm not keen on Mario Galaxy but i might have to get that too, in some cases it's been rated like 9.6 out of 10~!

What about you, "cantgetawii"

Well I still haven't got No More Heroes yet, as it comes out Feb 1st in Canada.
Then there is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and possibly Mario Kart. As well as some good Ps2 ports, with Okami and Bully. I say its a great Q1 for Wii.

The rest of the year will be good as well, or it could be. Keep in mind Wii Fit is still TBA, and that will no doubt be a casual gaming phenomenon. Mario Kart is out in April, Disaster Day Of Crisis, Red Steel 2? and Animal Crossing are set to round out the year. As well as Nintendo's new IP in the works whatever that ends up being, and whatever else that has not yet been shared. Keep in mind its still Q1, and we could be very surprised. 2008 will definitely be better than 2007 was.

finger crossed that the Q1 stays good, by mario kart not being delayed

Back