Wii Weather and News Channel launch dates announced

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
As previously announced, some Wii Channels are not currently active on the WiiConnect24 service. According to some information on the Official Nintendo website here are the dates for the news and weather channel launches:

Wii Weather Channel: Dec 20th
Wii News Channel: Jan 27th 2007.

Link: http://us.wii.com/wiichannel_gallery.jsp

Longer than I would've wanted, but at least we have some dates. I'm really looking forward to these to channels - and everyone else should be to (if for no other reason, then that they will start moving onto 'cooler' things when they're done :))

Once again, i0n, great find and thanks for the information :thumbsup:

i0n said:
As previously announced, some Wii Channels are not currently active on the WiiConnect24 service. According to some information on the Official Nintendo website here are the dates for the news and weather channel launches:

Wii Weather Channel: Dec 20th
Wii News Channel: Jan 27th 2007.

Link: us.Wii.com - Wii Channel Gallery
So the internet channel is out close to the end of the free period?

The Opera internet browser will not be free. It was announced it would be free until some time in july where it will cost wii points to purchase after this. I dont think it will take very long for them to get it up.

ocdan said:
Opera is cheap, so I hear, like maybe $10 annually!

Wow, wish I would have know before I waited 14 hours in he cold. Im cool with somethin like $10 a year but if it's more then that then I'll be sellin my Wii. Being able to Browse the web on my TV instead of my comp was a huge selling point for me. I love my Wii so far, but they need to add features not take them away.

Back