Wii Wi Fi not compatible with Vista WTF !

Mr.Selfdestruct

Wii-Tard
May 15, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wii Online Code
5234-2961-1879-5832
I tried to get the WI FI max adapter to work with my PC, but i have Vista, and apparently its not compatible with Vista.

I guess im never gonna get this SOB online !

Why do you need a WiFi adaptor for the Wii??? The Wii has WiFi built in. All you need is a wireless router. The Wii will get it's Internet connection through that. Plug the PC's LAN cable into the router.

strommsarnac said:
Why do you need a WiFi adaptor for the Wii??? The Wii has WiFi built in. All you need is a wireless router. The Wii will get it's Internet connection through that. Plug the PC's LAN cable into the router.
because some people dont have wireless routers and dont want them.

Almo said:

I guess my unstated point is that it's not a "Wii WiFi Adaptor". It's a USB WiFi adaptor for a PC which allows the DS, Wii and ANY WiFi device to connect through it.

Anyone using broadband that doesn't have a router/firewall is asking for problems. Unless they have a linux box acting as their router/fw or are running ISA on a Windows server. Even then, for the cost of a hardware router/fw, there no reason not to buy one.

Like everybody has been saying get a wireless router. The nintendo wifi adapter is a piece of junk.

you could try to wifi off your neghibors if you live in a sub division

I can't wait for people in the future to suffer cause they don't have the latest technology. We should throw those people in the forest, cause thats where they belong.

Anyway, It doesn't work on Vista. Maybe you need an update or something?! Why did you buy a third party product anyway?

Almo said:
So you would rather have a wireless connection directly connected and controlled by windows rather than a router which is hardened against attacks? :scared:

Back