Wii wil sometimes read discs...sometime not

pugpeople

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2012
United States
Wii is about a year old. Not used to the extent most are. We played a new game for an hour last evening and all was well.

Tonight, the Wii will not recognize the disc...can't even get to the "menu" screen. I have checked all of the connections and all are well.

I have unplugged the AC adaptor and waited, plugged back in, and still nothing. This happened once in the past and it just "magically" starting working one evening...no rhyme or reason.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks

I think the wii is a shocking console, I've had more issues and crashes with the wii compared to better consoles such as the PS3 and xbox 360, the wii is cheap and I guess you get what you pay for from Nintendo sadly. If mine doesn't get fixed soon, its going in the bin, sell the games and don't bother with Nintendo again.

^ If my 360 was less of a problem then my Wii, I'd certainly lose faith too...

Thank god the comparison ain't even close. You must just have one of the few faulty-from-factory Wiis.

Wii is about a year old. Not used to the extent most are. We played a new game for an hour last evening and all was well.

Tonight, the Wii will not recognize the disc...can't even get to the "menu" screen. I have checked all of the connections and all are well.

I have unplugged the AC adaptor and waited, plugged back in, and still nothing. This happened once in the past and it just "magically" starting working one evening...no rhyme or reason.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks

I'd assume you haven't damaged the Wii in any way? Has it been modded? Does a lot of dust gather where the Wii rests?

Back