Wii Will Only Recognize 1 Remote At A Time

Spoodles

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2010
New York
Suddenly we can only use 1 remote at a time. We can have all four connected but as soon as we click Start on any game the lights flash on all remotes, then 3 go dark and 1 is left active. All remotes have new batteries, and we've tried power disconnect and resync, and "slap the remote" tips to no avail.

There does not seem to be anything wrong with any of the remotes. Each will sync, and each can be used to play. But like I said, only 1 at a time. Pressing Start makes the others disconnect.

My kids have played on this Wii for a couple years now. We never had this problem until yesterday.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks.

(forum newbie)

Did you get any help with this issue? My kids' WII remotes just started doing the exact same thing and nothing I've tried will fix them.

When you enter a game, only One Wiimote will be active until you have selected a multiplayer mode. In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, select the multiplayer mode then the others will have to connect by selecting both "1+2" buttons at the same time until a reconnection is established. You can't connect other controllers until a Multiplayer mode is selected.

Back